Should I sue the drunkard who attacked me?

During my first year in Taiwan, a drunk homeless guy (with surprisingly good English!) grabbed me and started shouting at me, threatening to beat the crap out of me for being a foreigner. This was in broad daylight in front of loads of people near the Shilin MRT station. He didn’t do go through with it in the end, but what I remember about the episode was how disappointed I was that not a single person intervened. People stopped and stared but did fuck all, even though I was a kid in my early 20s and this guy was grabbing me and shouting and threatening to kill me and it was obvious for everyone to see. I still feel disappointed whenever I think back to that. I’m from London and I can guarantee you that, for all the crap in this city, people would have intervened. To be fair to Taiwan though, nothing like that happened to me again afterwards.

Sorry to derail the thread…

I guarantee you it is NOT guaranteed somebody would intervene in London . No siree.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Prize winning drunk talk?

Whenever I’ve had a super racist encounter in Asia (mostly in Korea, not here) the guy usually has fluent English, which makes me think at least most of the time they’re embittered ABCs (or ABKs, ABJs, CBCs, etc).

Also, I got mugged in broad daylight when I was 16 in Sydney, Aus and no one intervened either. The kitty genovese effect (aka the bystander who doesn’t want to get involved) is a global phenomenon.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: The bitching about Malaysia thread

A post was merged into an existing topic: Prize winning drunk talk?

Several posts have been edited, moved, or removed. Thanks for not making personal attacks, not being liberal with the F word, and generally being civil. :slight_smile: :rainbow:

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Unwanted editing

well that escalated quickly

yea that got stupid fast,

And thank you for staying on topic. :unicorn: