Should People Not Be Warned About Illegal Work?

As the title says, should people not be warned about illegal work? I posted a reply to a post. Within a minute or two, my reply was removed. Why? If people want to advertise for illegal jobs, then it surely must be alright to post about the possible consequences of accepting such work. Since when has it been wrong to try and protect the foreign community? I just noticed that the above mentioned post has been locked. Why? What is the point of that? :thumbsdown:

We have a notice posted prominently above all teaching ads:

[quote]Forum rules
IMPORTANT! Teaching English to children under 6 years old in kindergartens in Taiwan is illegal for foreign residents who do not have special licenses or visas. If you work in a kindergarten and do not have a special license or visa, you are probably working illegally, and may be deported.

… please note that jobs involving teaching children under 6 years of age are often, though not always, illegal under the various relevant Taiwan laws. It is also usually illegal to work in more than one location unless all addresses are detailed on your work permit. NB. Many foreign residents in Taiwan are not eligible to teach in kindergartens. To be sure you are not breaking any laws, seek written authorization from the foreign affairs police or other relevant agency[/quote]

To the best of my knowledge this situation has not changed. If there’s new information, I’m all ears.

While I commend the forum for posting such a warning, why should members not be allowed to comment on these illegal jobs?
As far as I know it is illegal to teach kindy period! There are no special visas, qualifications, or any other way of doing it legally.

I would seriously like to know the legal requirements that allow foreigners to teach in a kindy.

Maybe admin could advise on the requirements of there mentioned visas etc. If not then I personally think the warning should be changed to correctly state that it illegal, end of story.

[quote=“Tempo Gain”][quote]Forum rules
If you work in a kindergarten and do not have a special license or visa, you are probably working illegally, and may be deported.[/quote]

To the best of my knowledge this situation has not changed. If there’s new information, I’m all ears.[/quote]
:no-no: As I am sure you know, teaching English to kids under the age of 6 is completely illegal in Taiwan, for foreigners as well as Taiwanese. Period. There is no “special” license or visa. Sure, the consequences may be different, depending on the type of visa you possess. However, it is still 100% illegal and allowing people to advertise such jobs is, at best, immoral.

I truly believe that all job advertisements for kindergarten work should be removed immediately after being posted (or asap). :2cents:

I don’t know that, or it would be being handled differently. We’ve discussed this at length here and my understanding hasn’t changed since I made this post.

All our ads are provided as a service. Commenting is enabled by default as a convenience for questions and the like, not as a forum for criticism or discussion. The place for discussing any related issues is here in Feedback.

A person must hold an early childhood education related degree in order to teach legally in kindergartens, but the catch is that children under the age of 6 can not be taught classes entirely in English.

From the Information For Foreigners website: iff.immigration.gov.tw/ct.asp?xI … 28&mp=T002

[quote]Work Permit for Foreign Professionals

Ⅵ. Regulations to follow:

C. Illegal working prohibited:

Foreigners who engage in any of the following behaviors are considered illegal workers in the ROC:

1. Those who work in the ROC for employers without applying for a work permit.
  2. Those, whose work permits have been revoked or expire, yet still continue working in the ROC.
  3. Those who do jobs that are not approved by the government.
  4. Those who are employed by other employers aside from their legal employers approved of by the government. [/quote]

The Taiwanese government has already made it perfectly clear that teaching English in a kindergarten is illegal.

Probably most of the people who would consider these types of jobs are newcomers on work permit-class ARCs. They are least likely to know these jobs are illegal, and the prospective bosses won’t volunteer the information. A site that purports to serve the foreign community should either decline to post these sorts of adverts, or post warnings below each one of them. I cannot see any moral reason for removing a community member’s attempt to warn others. I have one acquaintance who grassed on a recruiting company who used to post these adverts frequently. They were visited by authorities (police have to tell you what action was taken in response to any complaint filed). Soon after their ads ceased, they closed their local office and now claim to be based abroad.

Forumosa’s gotto pay its bills.

That’s all there is to it (not justifying it)

You have an acquaintance who’s a snitch? :bravo:

With an acquaintance like that, who needs frenemies?

[quote=“Confuzius”]Forumosa’s gotto pay its bills.

That’s all there is to it (not justifying it)[/quote]

No it’s not. The ads are completely free.