Should Repubes just fold up the tent?

No one is gonna touch Barack Hussein Obama in 2012. GOP should just concede now and allow Barack Hussein Obama to get on with his work of healing the deep wounds of The Decider’s administration.

That’s a rather big claim to make. There are obviously a lot of people who don’t like Obama, and would never vote for him. Elections are not won or lost by the die hard supporters of either party though. There are a lot of people who voted for him last time who may have become quite disappointed in the interim. Opinion polls don’t look too flash. There’s a lot that could still happen between now and the election anyway. I wouldn’t be putting my money on anyone right now, even if I liked any particular candidate. I think it would be reckless at this point to make any predictions. Last election, this far out, who would have predicted an Obama-McCain head-to-head? Who would have predicted Obama as the winner? There were people who thought the Democrats were obviously going to win, just because they thought Bush sucked and had done so much damage. Then there were people who thought that if Hillary got it (and she was the likely candidate), they were definitely going to lose. In other words, no one really had any idea.

Why should they fold up their tents… Democrats will do their best to help the GOP win and my best guess is they will win and Obama will be gone. Too many crazy and uneducated people over there. (Not trying to flame but seriously… with all the stuff the GOP can say and pull off and still be supported no democrats stand a chance. Long live FOX)

Since we seem to be on the verge of crashing the financial system, I wouldn’t want to be either the Democrats or Republicans.

Here’s my vote for a pox on both their houses.

As my Lord and Saviour, Bill Maher so succinctly put it last week, “Wanna bet?”

Even Odds. I"ll take Barack Hussein Obama and you can take everyone else.

[quote=“Got To Be Kidding”]Since we seem to be on the verge of crashing the financial system, I wouldn’t want to be either the Democrats or Republicans.

Here’s my vote for a pox on both their houses.[/quote]

Love the nod to the bard there, but I still have to say:

This is a surer thing than Manny Pacquiao v Sugar Watshislongshot.

I would bet on it because I am sure enough but I do not want to be the one betting on something bad happening…

Why do you think this is such a certainty?

Like I alluded to, as I was watching Real Time last week, Bill put it to the right wing guest in terms of a wager and it shut him right up. In my experience, nothing shuts up an ass talker like a wager. Fox News and its flobber fans can either put up or shut up. Furthermore, it is such a foregone conclusion in my mind, that the title of this thread is directed at the right wing among us, that realizing this, they should step out of the way and give Barack Hussein Obama free rein to either sink or swim. Concentrate on 2016.

Of course, with the straw man dissenting of the right removed, I believe Barack Hussein Obama will guide America back to prosperity. And Fox News will become redundant.

Far more likely than a 14.0 shaker.

You wont get those odds from the bookies. US Presidential Election Winner Betting Odds

Obama is currently at 2/5 , which is the same for the Democrats to win and for now are clear favorites. Odds have been shortening over the past few months, I guess killing OBL and releasing his birth certificate helped. But way to early to say its all over yet.

No, no, it will be much more fun to watch a Grinch-Palin ticket floundering and foundering.

Toe: Give us actual reasons. What is it specifically about Obama rather than the Republican candidates that makes you think he’ll win? (Has the primary season even begun? Have they all declared their intention to run?) What platforms? All of that stuff.

Otherwise you’re just being a demagogue. I don’t have a horse in this race, but even if I did, nothing you’ve written so far has convinced me that you’re not just as bad as the Fox News audience you so oppose. You haven’t actually put forward any actual argument. Yeah, sure, you can say, “Make a wager” and you may eventually turn out to be right, but I really don’t like that method of making predictions. I certainly wouldn’t use the, “I’m right because I’m right” approach to decide on choosing between two automatic pistols (one empty and one with a bullet) and putting one to my head and pulling the trigger.

This is what hardcore fans on both the left and the right simply don’t get. For someone who is not a member of the fan club, they have to be convinced.

[quote]Invest in loss.[/quote]–Cheng Man-ch’ing

Goldwater’s defeat in 1964 helped the Republicans, and McGovern’s defeat in 1972 helped the Democrats, by giving them a better picture of the boundaries of their respective possible platforms. But I don’t think they could have learned anything worthwhile from those defeats by “folding up the tent.”

Loss is a natural part of life. If we survive the loss in a reasonably intact state, we may be able to use loss to our benefit.

What? You want to close the circus?

And just out of curiosity, why do you use Obama’s middle name so often? Do you do the same when referring to all the other past presidents of the US?

[quote=“CraigTPE”]

And just out of curiosity, why do you use Obama’s middle name so often? Do you do the same when referring to all the other past presidents of the US?[/quote]

It’s supposed to be a counter to Tigerman’s nickname for him I love the hell outta Tigerman, but really hate that he is calling Barack Hussein Obama what he is. I used to read his posts with appetite but now cannot take anything he says seriously. I guess the whole “ObamaCare” thing too really irks me as well.

GiT, I won’t have to do much convincing. I think the field of losers the repubs have on offer will do all the convincing you need.

It’s supposed to be a counter to Tigerman’s nickname for him I love the hell outta Tigerman, but really hate that he is calling Barack Hussein Obama what he is. I used to read his posts with appetite but now cannot take anything he says seriously. I guess the whole “ObamaCare” thing too really irks me as well.

GiT, I won’t have to do much convincing. I think the field of losers the repubs have on offer will do all the convincing you need.[/quote]
Unless the person uses first-middle-last names to address every president, or every person for that matter, then using just for Obama is racist. Period. So if the shoe fits Tigerman, guess he needs to wear it.

And if anyone calls the health insurance reform ObamaCare, I just reply “Yes, he does, and a hell of a lot more than any Republican”.

We used to use middle names all the time. John Fitzgerald Kennedy, Lyndon Bains Johnson, Richard Milhouse Nixon, …

GiT, I won’t have to do much convincing. I think the field of losers the repubs have on offer will do all the convincing you need.[/quote]
Unless the person uses first-middle-last names to address every president, or every person for that matter, then using just for Obama is racist. Period. So if the shoe fits Tigerman, guess he needs to wear it.

And if anyone calls the health insurance reform ObamaCare, I just reply “Yes, he does, and a hell of a lot more than any Republican”.[/quote]

Sorry, racist? Me? Or TM? If u mean me, I can assure u I didn’t mean it that way at all. TM imo, is being as disingenuous as all the Fox News types with his insistence of using that perjorative, but he is being anti-democrat at worst. Tigerman is no racist. Just a defensive, on-the-ropes GOPper swinging wildly. I would feel bad for him but his use choice of nickname.

I remember hearing John F Kennedy from time to time, and I was aware of the middle names of the other two above, but don’t recall hearing them used in normal speech.

No, not you. You explained that you were mimicking TM. As for your assessment as to why he uses it, I will leave it to your fine judgement. I don’t know him. But, the only reason it could even be perceived as being pejorative is if there were something negative about it… if not race, what?

I remember hearing John F Kennedy from time to time, and I was aware of the middle names of the other two above, but don’t recall hearing them used in normal speech.[/quote]
I heard them quite often. John F. Kennedy was probably the most common, LBJ for Johnson. And although JFK was frequently used, you never heard RMN. It just wasn’t euphonious enough. I agree that President Obama gets his middle name emphasized by political opponents to stress the Arab in it. But Barack Hussein Obama does have a nice ring to it as well.