Should Taiwan offer a financial alternative to renunciation?

Yeah something like that for sure lol

That depends on the country. I.e. Turkey and Hungary very actively promote people around the world to vote in their national elections. And many other countries do that as well.

1 Like

I rarely appreciate grammar nazism, especially when important points are being made. But while we are on the topic of illiterate people passing the mandarin exam not knowing the language…

I’m sorry, I had to. I’m sure your mandarin is better. It’s a fun one :hugs: I’m guilty too :innocent:

1 Like

Taiwan is majority immigrant. Probably high 90 percentile? The issue isn’t race, it’s politics and ethics. Taiwan is majority Han, but there is no equation that makes sense for Taiwan to become China. This is something the old and uneducated in Taiwan tend to fumble on a lot. I sure hope foreign immigrants don’t make this mistake as well.

1 Like

It was a clever trick, the majority of the 2nd gen Han were immigrants, didn’t ask the locals and natives if they could take over, and when they got here made sure to slam the doors on any further immigration

2 Likes

Most people call it colonialism. It’s not clever, it’s hypocritical. At best.

Never mind how shitty they are, it’s the simple definition of a hypocrite. And the dual citizenship double standard argument is based solely on this point. Not because foreigners are whining and want better like some people seem to suggest… :yawning_face:

1 Like

The ABS definition if family : "A family is defined by the ABS as two or more persons, one of whom is at least 15 years of age, who are related by blood, marriage (registered or de facto), adoption, step or fostering, and who are usually resident in the same household.”

2 Likes

The nice thing about this thread is that @comfy123 has a dream he’s like to sell.

2 Likes