Should Trump pardon Snowden poll

Flynn’s the only person who has been associated with Trump. You could probably argue that Arpaio and D’Souza are supporters. I think he knows or was friendly with Eddie DeBartolo?

The part about “family”…and “friends” was made up as something that probably ‘sounded good’.

I would like to see Trump have a few dozen boxes of Sharpies delivered to his office and really light it up. Snowden. Assange. Dread Pirate Roberts. Everybody in prison on non-violent drug charges.

However, in terms of pardons, commutations, and rescinded sentences, Trump has far fewer than any President in modern history and fewer than all but a handful of guys so my hopes aren’t particularly high.

Harrison and Garfield, neither of whom survived long after taking office had zero.
George Washington had 16.
Adams 20
Trump, who (I predict) you are about to hear is issuing an ‘unprecedented’ number of pardons…45
Clinton 459
Obama…1,927

1 Like

What are the odds on Snowden?

It’s clear they have tremendous power that has been growing unchecked. People in those communities outlast presidents.

Totally forgot them. Well, they’re very public political figures who are GOP/Conservative minded supporters. They’ve being doing them long before the Don came around. Insignificant outside the politics.

Maybe. It’s not like he can free any slaves though. Nothing he could do would affect HIS long term political presence if he pardoned a slew of noname rich dickheads. Imagine if he pardoned and commuted the sentences of ALL nonviolent drug offenders with time-served?

1 Like

That I would like to see. Unfortunately, the war on drugs rages on with him.

Why, because wikileaks helped Trump win by leaking Clintons emails and working with the Russians?

Snowden should have stayed to be a whistleblower in the US. Instead he tried to deal it to the Chinese then did give it to Russia for citizenship. He’s not deserving of anything but jail time

I was being facetious.

1 Like

I’ve seen no evidence of that. Can you cite any?

In 2013, Edward Snowden was an IT systems expert working under contract for the National Security Agency when he traveled to Hong Kong to provide three journalists with thousands of top-secret documents about U.S. intelligence agencies’ surveillance of American citizens.

To Snowden, the classified information he shared with the journalists exposed privacy abuses by government intelligence agencies. He saw himself as a whistleblower. But the U.S. government considered him a traitor in violation of the Espionage Act.

After meeting with the journalists, Snowden intended to leave Hong Kong and travel — via Russia — to Ecuador, where he would seek asylum. But when his plane landed at Moscow’s Sheremetyevo International Airport, things didn’t go according to plan.

“What I wasn’t expecting was that the United States government itself … would cancel my passport,” he says.

Snowden was directed to a room where Russian intelligence agents offered to assist him — in return for access to any secrets he harbored. Snowden says he refused.

“I didn’t cooperate with the Russian intelligence services — I haven’t and I won’t,” he says. “I destroyed my access to the archive. … I had no material with me before I left Hong Kong, because I knew I was going to have to go through this complex multi-jurisdictional route.”
– (Author Interviews : NPR)

2 Likes

I guess US intelligence is above the law.

Meaning presidents can’t even pardon Snowden or give him a medal (he deserves that) without pissing off intelligence agencies.

So it makes you wonder who really is in control of the US.

It’s often posted but never gets old.

1 Like

Even more so now.
The Republicrat war mongers with blood on their hands will be against it:

Who is Snowden poll?