Should we indicate male/female under our screen names?

Aaah, there we go, Feminist Studies. Of course they’re going to say it’s all patronizing bullshit designed to lower the woman. They hate men anyway. Trust me, I don’t give a shit what a bunch of hairy-legged saggy-titted bulldykes have to say about my concept of politeness. I do those old-fashioned things because that was how I was raised and because it sits, to me, on the same level as bowing and all that amazingly intricate stuff the Japanese do to abase themselves before someone they regard as higher than them. I do it not to patronize, but as an expression of humbling myself before them, lowering myself out of resepct. Not because I think they’re stupid.

“Did you open the door because I am a woman ?”
“No, I opened it because I am a gentleman”
Someone famous said that, I forgot who

I think we should have a list of all the girlies so I know who to chat up. :howyoudoin:
I don’t want to accidentally chat up Almas John :sick:

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]I think we should have a list of all the girlies so I know who to chat up. :howyoudoin:
I don’t want to accidentally chat up Almas John :sick:[/quote]
It’s OK, he has a twin sister.

I’ll sell you my list if you like. You’d be surprised who’s on it.

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]“Did you open the door because I am a woman ?”
“No, I opened it because I am a gentleman”
Someone famous said that, I forgot who[/quote]

Probably Winston Churchill. Everything witty was said by him; everything stupid was said by George Bush or Dan Quayle.

[quote=“Tetsuo”]I’m sick of this implication that doing nice things for women is somehow impolite. That’s f***ing retarded. If you mean it to be rude, then yes it’s rude, but most guys who do that old-fashioned politeness thing - like me - do it out of respect for women, not because we think they’re retarded.

I can see where ran’s coming from on this. I was raised similarly - it’s not meant to imply a woman is weak when you open the door for her, it’s just being polite. Shit, I do that for people of both genders. There’s nothing impolite about opening the door for her, and I don’t see how it could be construed that way logically; it’s simple helpfulness.
Not arguing with a woman is no implication of stupidity, it’s an acknowledgement of the futility of the exercise because she’s always right :laughing:
Giving women different advice is not always about idiot gender biases - you know, women and men are different you know, whether you like it or not. There is some advice that’d be stupid to give a man and good to give a woman, and vice versa.
And how the hell is standing when a woman comes to the table sizing her up as a conquest? That is the dumbest thing I have heard in days. Personally I don’t do that, but I don’t see how it’s impolite or sexually oriented. Shit, people do that for their mothers and grandmothers as well you know, I don’t think it means they want to bone them.[/quote]
Well said. Perhaps I am simply a knuckle-dragging throwback but I believe that courtesy extended to women, and also to non-women in a different manner, is simply civil behaviour.
The anonymity of the internet allows for equal opportunity assholeism by those not disposed or unaware of the complexities and lubrication that good manners provides for society.

Naw…he’s just a fan of the movie …“The Life of Brian.”

…although he may want babies…who knows?

Rantheman,

Just for your information, there are no women in this thread. We are all men. There are only five women registered on Forumosa so the chances of you running into them are slim. Feel free to talk as much shit as you like. I love talking dirty.

Regards,
Manly 914

None of my women’s studies lecturers/tutors hated men. They treated me and the other men in the course well, as did my feminist film studies lecturer. None of them seemd to have particulalry hairly legs or saggy tits, and I think only one of them was a dyke.

Most of you are making the classic mistake of equating the ranting of a few extremists with mainstream feminism.

Brian

None of my women’s studies lecturers/tutors hated men. They treated me and the other men in the course well, as did my feminist film studies lecturer. None of them seemd to have particulalry hairly legs or saggy tits, and I think only one of them was a dyke.

Most of you are making the classic mistake of equating the ranting of a few extremists with mainstream feminism.

Brian[/quote]
Or perhaps you are making the mistake of equating “feminism” in New Zealand with FEMINAZIMENARSCUMISM in the U.S.

my kinda guy 914.

sorry, ran the man, but 914 is a woman, and a very beautiful woman if I might add. If she hadn’t espoused the desire for a huge wang, I would definitely try to arrange an outing with her. (sorry for being so explicit and obvious)

now i’m getting gender confused!

Stop spreading rumors, Treppenwitz. I am all man. Manly muscular man who loves big trucks.

And here I am thinking you were a fan of aircraft. After all, with all that talk of big cocks, I figured cock was short for cockpit…

who is at alley’s right now? i wanna go there.

914, are you and/or some other guys out tonight? i’m in taipei and nothing to do. i’m not really dressed to go to any fancy places.

my last post is totally stupid. if you guys are out, how could you be on the net???

Hi Rantheman,

I’m at home. But do you want to go to Showtime? It’s a semi-nudie bar. But women strip there, don’t know if that’s your “thing.” You know, disrespectful to women and all…

send you number on the PM. i’ll call you write away. don’t know about that club, but there’s something to do!