Show us your bike(s) [as in bicycles]

Not mine. Not mine. Not mine. I thought I’d share though.

Sam Culverwell, Trinity Racing, 2nd GC for Tour de Taiwan.

2 Likes

So I am on my way back in time …

First built the new old ‘Bottecchia’ earlier, then bought some new old apparel, now waiting for some new old matching shoes for the new old caged paddles.

Boring rainy day today, so I also made some new matching cleats by cutting up old SP-SL ones.

6 Likes

Rare bike frame For sale, moved to for sale from cycling

https://tw.forumosa.com/t/for-sale-rare-bespoke-italian-aluminium-carbon-frame/225660

So I was bored again the last days, and did some upgrades on my first TW bike, by now almost 30 yrs old.
Its got absolutely no commercial value, but I like it, and from all my bikes, this one saw the most of Taiwan over the years.

Last days work included lowering the “suspension” fork by 2 inch (simply cut the springs), replacing the stem with a more classic, slightly shorter and lower one, a new “old” saddle, identical to my other MTB, and back from 25 slicks to 38 ones, mainly for the look.

The riding position while riding on the bar ends is almost identical to riding my road bikes on the hoods.

3 Likes

In good order 30 years old :+1: officially Antique :grinning:
I remember the bar ends we all had them, probably 30 years ago then they went out of fashion and wider bars came in.
Also I thought V-Brakes was the business, very light and they worked far better than the old calliper brakes.

1 Like

So I might come out of retirement for a part time project, offering me a nice riverside bike commute twice a week.
But I am such a spoiled brat, that I took the opportunity to find an other bike for that … N+1, right?
Looked for a while for a single-gear, love the simplicity and looks, but decided against it, they are too unpractical.
Then this showed up on FB, a Japanese Giant in alloy.
Bought It, and spent the last 2 days taking it apart to the bare frame, then build up again.
Those are the times it’s handy to have boxes full of bike parts.
Tan tires, upgrade to 1x9, some bling, and some more.

7 Likes

Sexy bike!

Jesus, man. How big is that chain ring? That looks like a fun rig to get a head of steam up on straight and flats. My favorite type of riding.

A little bike tinkering after being out this morning.
Some cassette swapping, some new batteries for speed sensors, couple new tires, and some more.
Ready for a long summer.

3 Likes

Not vintage, but straight out of the factory in Taichung … Love them already …

6 Likes

Hasus? I love their fit.

I like the colour of that frame, more than the shoes and more than the rims.

Yup, Hasus.
Special order only.
Super soft leather, stiff sole, way nicer than expected.

Original Bottecchia “Toyota Supra” green … As mentioned before, nothing is original but its working out wonderfully …

Those are some sweet looking kicks. Matches your bike’s style perfect.

Are those VTG04’s? Would you mind giving a review once they’ve been broken in and such?

VTG04 are with MTB soles, I bought the VGT03 with flat soles (easy with the caged pedals), and SPD-SL provision.

I am sure they don’t need breaking in, the whole shoe is wonderfully soft around a pretty stiff sole.
No racing shoes, but probably very comfortable touring ones.

I get back to you.

1 Like

Bastion Road Disc.

Not mine, but just had to share this one. Look no further for your mid-life crisis or the ultimate n+1.

Fully custom geometry and handmade in Australia, with a nice 12 month lead time for every order.

3 Likes

Do they have a CF version?

Website price is similar to my Altis 2020. Mind blowing considering the thing is bound to fall over.

I looked up that bicycle on google. :person_facepalming: :person_facepalming: :person_facepalming:

3 Likes