Signing documents on computer

been sent a contract that i must sign and email back,

is there a way of putting my signature without having to print -> sign -> scan -> send back by email??

i’m told Irishstu is pretty good with MSpaint…

Why not scan your signature?

well,access to a scanner is my main handicap believe it or not

Take a good, clear picture and send it to one of us. The picture has to be saved in gif format. Send me a message if you’d like me to help. How urgent is it?
I’m pretty sure 7/eleven can scan and save on memory stick.

what do you do with the picture once you have it?

and 7/11’s are things you see in dreams here…we don’t have those

How was the contract sent to you? Mail, fax, email? If email what format?
Faxing it to them would be easier.

[quote=“dablindfrog”]what do you do with the picture once you have it?

and 7/11’s are things you see in dreams here…we don’t have those[/quote]

The way I understand it, I would simply cut away the white background and save it in gif format. On your side, you’d have to paste the picture on the appropriate spot.

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]How was the contract sent to you? Mail, fax, email? If email what format?
Faxing it to them would be easier.[/quote]

email attachment JPEG (from the edges i can see it was scanned)

i was hoping there was an easy way to put the signature from my passport (which i have a copy of saved as a JPEG too) onto the contact,but i guess i’ll have to go to “the big city”…daunting!

thanks to everyone :notworthy:

[quote=“dablindfrog”][quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]How was the contract sent to you? Mail, fax, email? If email what format?
Faxing it to them would be easier.[/quote]

email attachment JPEG (from the edges i can see it was scanned)

I was hoping there was an easy way to put the signature from my passport (which I have a copy of saved as a JPEG too) onto the contact,but i guess I’ll have to go to “the big city”…daunting!

thanks to everyone :notworthy:[/quote]

Problem is, if you can paste that signature onto the contract, then so could anyone else. Certainly, it wouldn’t be hard to do in Photoshop, but you should really be printing it out and signing it for real, then scanning it back in or faxing it. I know it’s a PITA, but it’s the only way to put a real signature on there.