Signing in and in

I used to be a frequent contributor to forumosa, but there was a problem that made it difficult to make comments/start new post. It has been the same on three of my pcs, so I don’t think it has anything to do with my side. When I make a comment/reply I often have to sign in again and again. What could the problem be?

I have the same problem when i use some less common browsers (for example, Arora or Midori), and that seems to be related to a problem with cookies. This BBS software appears to be fully compatible only with certain “major” browsers, and with other browsers session ID’s are used instead of cookies, and those SIDs do not transfer properly when opening new pages (such as when using “quote” or “edit”). Your situation might be the same, i don’t know, just check the URLs of the pages you are reading: do they contain SIDs?

I get logged out. But I log in again. They’re never gonna keep me out (unless, of course, they suspend or ban me). I read the posts that remind me of the good times. I read the posts that remind me of the bad times.

Seriously, though, it doesn’t happen to me very frequently, but when it happens to me, it’s usually late at night. Whenever it’s happened, I’ve always speculated that somebody was doing some kind of maintenance on the board, especially because of the lateness of the hour.

Recently there’s been occasional brief trouble loading the page. I wonder whether the use of the search function (I mean, by another poster) can cause some of that. I think a long time ago someone mentioned that as a possible cause.