Singapore couple who dumped baby's body wanted by Taiwan for homicide

This might have been discussed but can’t find it. Occurred in 2019, but now sufficient evidence so wanted in Taiwan.

A Singapore couple had a baby (supposedly born alive) in a hotel room in Ximenting, dumped it in a food recycling bin (???!!!) at a restaurant, then flew back to Singapore.

}} Side note: According to this article, “In Taiwan…A mother who kills her newborn may be jailed between six months and five years”. That’s all???

I’m against the death penalty, but at times I wish it to be executed quickly (when guilt is unquestioningly established).

2 Likes

Good to know dumping the newcborn and having drugs are on par with each other and beheading ones mom while on drugs is a short inconvenience to the guilty.

Taiwan is generally cool, but the justice departments have some serious soul searching to do…

Hope Singapore works with taiwan and jails the couple there. Surely if chewing gum is against the rules, murdering babies is worthy of some jailtime.

I almost dont want to know which hotel, we have stayed at so many in that area during that time. Gross…

2 Likes

How did that end up? I remember that sh*t, that was horrific

1 Like

This was the last I remember hearing about it:

That’s inexplicable. How did they get off the hook for that?

Taiwan likes meth…gov included.

Gotta ask a commy chinese to ask them, then they will mail you a hand.

2 Likes

The couple has now been arrested in Singapore, 2 years after incident.

The baby was apparently alive before being dumped.

No info in the short news report about next steps.

We had our own version in France:

Presuming Singapore will not pussyfoot around with this one.

Though drugs should be decriminalizated, they should not ever get someone off the hook for.murder, rape etc etc. thats just beyond dumb. It was the choce to take them. Drunks crashing and killing families dont get off the hook, this has zero logic!

1 Like