Singaporean looking to relocate to Taichung

Hi all,

This forum has been very informative and I was looking through at possibilities to relocate to Taiwan for a few years, in the hopes of getting a work permit, resident visa, ARC and finally APRC etc.

I have 7 years of experience in overseas business development/sales in various industries, media/shipping/design. I am bilingual in English & Mandarin, I know a little 台語 too, enough to make Taiwanese laugh their heads off. :discodance:

I enquired about tourist visa, but the maximum period they could allow was 60 days, without extension (TECO thinks to tour around entire Taiwan, 2 months should suffice. :unamused: )

I was hoping to come on tourist visa first, attend some interviews and hopefully to get a work permit in the process. Having a tourist visa will be helpful for companies to convert into resident visa, if I should get a willing employer right?

Just want to check if Singaporeans would be considered as a non-native English speakers as well?

Any successful stories of Singaporeans who have successfully relocated to Taiwan, please share your stories!

Any advice/tips any forum-goers could share, I thank you in advance! :slight_smile:

Hi fellow Singaporean,

I am also a Singaporean who has been here for 8 years and counting. To answer your questions, Singapore are NOT consider as native English speaker so you are not qualified for a teaching permit. Your only chance is to work for a company. The advantage for Singaporean is our bi-lingual so use that to your advantage. I was working at Taichung for about 1 year, but did not like the job (Taichung is mostly manufacturing company) so I moved back to Taipei. Anyway wish you luck in finding a job here

Hi, Malaysian here, I am interest to work at Taiwan also, may I know how can I get a job at there but i’m staying in Malaysia now

you can always try the job site in Taiwan. The most popular site is www.104.com.tw

[quote=“bartman76”]Hi fellow Singaporean,

I am also a Singaporean who has been here for 8 years and counting. To answer your questions, Singapore are NOT consider as native English speaker so you are not qualified for a teaching permit. Your only chance is to work for a company. The advantage for Singaporean is our bi-lingual so use that to your advantage. I was working at Taichung for about 1 year, but did not like the job (Taichung is mostly manufacturing company) so I moved back to Taipei. Anyway wish you luck in finding a job here[/quote]

Thanks Bartman76! Wow 8 years, do you have APRC already?

Could you share more about your process of getting work, did you have a job before you went over to Taiwan, or you went via the tourist visa/interview/work permit route?

[quote=“BX19”]

Thanks Bartman76! Wow 8 years, do you have APRC already?

Could you share more about your process of getting work, did you have a job before you went over to Taiwan, or you went via the tourist visa/interview/work permit route?[/quote]

I look for job online then came here via tourist visa for interview. After they offer me a job, I got a work permit and apply for residential visa at singapore.

Hi fellow Singaporeans (bartman76 and BX19) and Malaysians !

Glad to stumble on this thread !

I’m looking for a job in Taiwan as well,

I work as a satellite booking coordinator for a sports brokerage firm.

Tried on 104 and 1111 but not much luck though.

Any tips for me as I would want to work in the media industry ?

No more Singaporeans in Taiwan ?

I’m 50% up and down for the moment whilst i setup and prepare everything for my family to move over.
Located at XINBEI (work) and will be staying in TSIN CHU.

Anyone else here SG community?

Worst.Hsinchu.Spelling.Ever :slight_smile:

Don’t worry , it doesn’t matter and nobody will care what way you spell it.

[quote=“bkoh974”]I’m 50% up and down for the moment whilst i setup and prepare everything for my family to move over.
Located at Xinbei (work) and will be staying in TSIN CHU.

Anyone else here SG community?[/quote]

I’m from SG and thought of moving to Hsinchu as well. Which part of Hsinchu will you located at? How do you intend to commute to Xinbei? It’s not exactly convenient and quick to reach Xinbei from Hsinchu.

Hello~
just curious if anyone has a Taiwanese parent(s) but is born SGean with ROC citizenship here, could be of real help to me right now.