Single Certficate / to all german people in here

I guess my question has been discussed many times before, but my inquiry is a bit special and has to do with german burocracity …

The German Marriage-Office (Standesamt) require a special paper to proof that me and my taiwanese fiancee are single. For me no problem, but she has to legalise, translate and stamped her 2 documents. Send them here, pay money to apply, get this special paper called "Ehef

I am confused…

Not sure if this is not too late for you but for me things were rather simple. I (German) married my wife (Taiwanese) here 11.5 years ago in a court ceremony. All I had to show was a certificate that I was not married in Germany and free to marry here. The document, which was in German, was translated here in Taiwan by an officially licensed and recognized translation office. Following the ceremony and on our way out we immediately received wedding certificates in Chinese and English. With the wedding certificates I went to the German Trade Office (now the German Institute) and asked to register our marriage also in Germany. A few weeks later I received a letter from an office in Berlin (sorry, forgot the name, kind of “Ueberstandesamt” - all marriages in Germany are registered there) confirming our marriage and family name. It was very simple, but I don’t know if the law, either in Germany or in Taiwan, has changed since then in this regard.