Single white female- what ever will happen to me!

In my 2 1/2 years in Taiwan, I dated a Taiwanese guy, a couple of western guys, and a western girl - had tons of friends - can’t complain at all about the social scene. You will be fine if you keep your mind open, and put yourself out there. I am a female from the U.S. btw.

Bodo

I hate to be so crude, but it ain’t your skin that’s the main attraction…most Western girls have two big advantages over most Asian girls, if you follow my drift. :wink:[/quote]

the point, beotch, is that I am not interested in dating a man who has a fetish for white girls. I would rather date someone who is into me because he thinks I’m a cool girl and likes what I have to say. (those do exist)

And I don’t have those two advantages over asian girls. I dont’ AT ALL.

All this talk makes me miss my Taiwanese guy. Wonder when he’s going to get tired of being abroad and come back to the island…

And I’m saying that having a fetish for white girls isn’t any different than having a fetish for

big boobs
a nice ass
blondes or redheads or brunettes
nice teeth
long legs
tall
chubby chasers
skinny chicks
tan skin
pale skin
girls with freckles
guys with muscles

…etc.

So what if some Asian guys are turned on by the physical attributes of white girls. Why is it that people who prefer to date outside their own race are called fetishists, but people who only date within their own race aren’t called fetishists? A white guy who only goes for Asian women is a fetishist. But an Asian guy who only goes for Asian women isn’t considered a fetishist. They’re both doing the same thing. I know plenty of white guys in Taiwan who aren’t into the local women very much (but will take what’s on offer if there’s nothing else, which is the case) and really only get seriously turned on by white girls. Aren’t these white guys being fetishists, too?

[quote=“Bodo”]In my 2 1/2 years in Taiwan, I dated a Taiwanese guy, a couple of western guys, and a western girl - had tons of friends - can’t complain at all about the social scene. You will be fine if you keep your mind open, and put yourself out there. I am a female from the U.S. btw.

Bodo[/quote]

You dated a guy and a girl? Awesome. I want to date you next. btw I am a male if that matters from the US.

[quote=“Jack Burton”][quote=“Bodo”]In my 2 1/2 years in Taiwan, I dated a Taiwanese guy, a couple of western guys, and a western girl - had tons of friends - can’t complain at all about the social scene. You will be fine if you keep your mind open, and put yourself out there. I am a female from the U.S. btw.

Bodo[/quote]

You dated a guy and a girl? Awesome. I want to date you next. btw I am a male if that matters from the US.[/quote]

You want a the next shot at me? Should I be flattered . . . ??? :wink: Anyway . . . I am a confirmed lesbian going on 13 years now, so . . . :rainbow: cheers :rainbow:

Bodo

[quote=“Grasshopper”]Most of the foreign girls who are not dating I’ve met in Taiwan tend to fall into 2 categories:

-Overweight and Bitter
Go to the gym, and lighten up. Having a good attitude is a step in the right direction. Some guys like bigger girls, but then again most like girls who are in shape.

-Prissy types
The “I’m too good for you” types. This attitude would work back home but when local girls are really into you, why would you bother dating a girl who acts like that?

go ahead flame away[/quote]

Flame you? Not at all. Unlike many western women, the Taiwanese women I’ve met aren’t walking around with a big chip on their shoulders.

No, Taiwanese women don’t carry chips on their shoulders, just very expensive handbags that you lucky men get to buy for them… :stuck_out_tongue:

No, Taiwanese women don’t carry chips on their shoulders, just very expensive handbags that you lucky men get to buy for them… :p[/quote]

Don’t forget the matching umbrellas…to be used when the sun is shining.

So what does that make me? I’m a lesbian trapped in a man’s body, so I should be able to appeal to all kinds of women - except for the one’s who won’t let me into the women’s forum.

Honey, all my gifrlfriends in Taiwan have been foreign - even the chinese one. Please send your CV, full length and portrait photos, vital statistics, etc. But hurry, I’ve got tash and 914 mudwrestling tonight to see who gets to be the next lover.

HA-HA goddamnitt you guys you guys are funny. Luckily I guess It can’t actually be any worse than what it is here, I’ve been alone for three years in NZ and unless your type is short dark and stupid it ain’t cos I’ unsuitable. Jaboney- are you serious? I really can’t tell whether you are serious or not. Are you being serious? Dr- Zoidberg- I want both - I want it all and I want it now etc etc. But I am not looking for someone to have children with. Or even a joint bank account I just wanna have some fun.
IRONMAN (I think it was)- THANK-YOU for appreciation of my spelling skillz and lack thereof- I think far too much energy is poured into observing the existing langwidge paradimes when we shood be starting new 1’s.

Thanks dogz. See yuo here and we can open an english school together. At least we speak the same language AusZealander.

Come to Cin Shuei, baby :howyoudoin:

[quote=“mod lang”]
And I’m saying that having a fetish for white girls isn’t any different than having a fetish for

big boobs
a nice ass
nice teeth
long legs
tall
chubby chasers
skinny chicks
tan skin
pale skin
girls with freckles
guys with muscles

…etc.

So what if some Asian guys are turned on by the physical attributes of white girls. Why is it that people who prefer to date outside their own race are called fetishists, but people who only date within their own race aren’t called fetishists? A white guy who only goes for Asian women is a fetishist. But an Asian guy who only goes for Asian women isn’t considered a fetishist. They’re both doing the same thing. I know plenty of white guys in Taiwan who aren’t into the local women very much (but will take what’s on offer if there’s nothing else, which is the case) and really only get seriously turned on by white girls. Aren’t these white guys being fetishists, too?[/quote]

I agree with this completely. It’s completely backwards how everyone thinks it’s not fetishist to prefer women/men of your own race, but it is fetishist to prefer women/men of a different race. I say none of it is “fetishist”…it’s just a preference.

[quote=“mod lang”][quote=“SuchAFob”]
the point, beotch, is that I am not interested in dating a man who has a fetish for white girls. I would rather date someone who is into me because he thinks I’m a cool girl and likes what I have to say. (those do exist)

[/quote]

big boobs
a nice ass
nice teeth
long legs
tall
chubby chasers
skinny chicks
tan skin
pale skin
girls with freckles
guys with muscles

…etc.[/quote]

Most of what you’re describing above–with the exclusion of “chubby chasers”–is not what should properly be termed a “fetish”.

A fetish is an obsession over a particular physical attribute to the point of failing to perceive the other physical, mental, and emotional characteristics that make up the person.

People often “like” or “have a preference” for a partner who has nice teeth/long legs/big breast/big muscles/etc.; they are “attracted” to people with those qualities. But, there is a world of difference between having a preference for something and having an obsession. Obsessions are neither healthy nor are they complete.

When you’re in a relationship with someone, it’s because you feel a connection with them–that they understand “you”. But when you’re someone’s fetish, they don’t understand you because they haven’t even become aware of you as a complete person. They are fixated on only one part or you to the exclusion of everything else. They don’t know you and they don’t recognize their own needs and desires. A person with a fetish will continue to date someone who does not fulfill them simply because he or she has what they obsess over. So, a guy with a foot fetish might date a girl with beautiful feet even though she can’t cook, hates his friends and family, and he can’t enjoy going to the movies with her. His life is miserable, but her feet make up for it.

A fetish is like alcoholism: if you like the taste of beer or feel champagne adds to the enjoyment of an evening, that’s fine; if you can’t live without beer and start hiding it under the seat of your car–you’ve got a problem.

Again, being attracted to a certain physical characteristic does not mean you have a fetish. Being so fixated on a particular physical characteristic to the point that you lose sight of everything else that is important, is sad.

People who date outside their own race are called fetishists for several reasons:

1. The person from their race is jealous
  2. The person from their race is insecure and is afraid there will be no one left from their own race to date if this one dates outside
  3. The person who called them a fetishist doesn’t know what the word means
    4.The person who said it can’t believe there could be any other explanation
  4. The guy dating outside his race really does have a fetish.

It is rare that a person accused of having a fetish actually has one. Most people use the term incorrectly: out of anger, to trivialize another person’s relationship.

Having a similar culture, background, experiences, and language make it far less likely that an Asian guy dating an Asian woman is doing it for just one superficial reason, so it’s hard to make an accusation of fetishism. If you know him better, or are just bitter regarding your own inability to date interacially, you would accuse him of being racist for his preference, not of having a fetish.

A fetish is an obsession. If they aren’t into local women, then they obviously don’t have an Asian fetish. If they have no problem dating interacially, it’s hard to call them racists; although I would definitely call them lazy and pathetic for going out with girls they aren’t interested in. And it would seem difficult to say that they have an obsession for white girls when they aren’t going out of their way to get one.

Oh Persephone, stop it. You’re making me all hot and bothered. I think I must have a fetish for girls named after Greek heroines/goddesses and those with a penchant for psychoanalysis.

oh yea baby :howyoudoin: :howyoudoin: :howyoudoin: :howyoudoin: :howyoudoin: :howyoudoin:

Sigh. Just another victim of involuntary celibacy.

[quote=“Jaboney”]Nope. No good news.
You’re screwed.
Or not, as it were.[/quote]

Em-dogz, it can always be worse than you think. Of course, this is coming from a tall, slim, white guy–the type who magically becomes handsome when he steps off the plane in Asia. :roflmao:
But I’ve heard all about it from all too many sexually frustrated foreign women. You should too–join the women’s only forum, they’ll tell it to you straight.

(Then share the secrets of their hidden lair with me, deal?)

I think it comes down to this: most western women aren’t attracted to most Taiwanese men. Maybe not a big deal (because how many guys do you really need?) but it limits the selection. Most Taiwanese men are in awe of western and Japanese women, and too scared to act. Most foreign men have a Taiwanese girlfriend (or three), and of those left over, well, there aren’t many I’d let near the women in my family.

Seriously? You’re screwed.

Of course, now that you’ve caught everyone’s attention, you’ve got a chance to market yourself–create a demand in advance of arrival. What’s your sign? Favorite colour? Can you cook? Do you dance? Like jazz? Are you athletic, vivacious, charming, witty, well-read, funny as hell, and stunningly beautiful? I’ve got a long-term sweetie, but hey, we can talk. :howyoudoin: Which part of the island are you coming to, and when do you arrive?

“What’s that, Sweetie? Oh, I’m just writing email to a friend. Hey! don’t read over my shoulder! Ow! Stop that! OW! I was just joking!!”

[quote=“Persephone”]Most of what you’re describing above–with the exclusion of “chubby chasers”–is not what should properly be termed a “fetish”.
[/quote]

That’s not entirely fair. Some of us, me included, just prefer real women. My girl’s a little on the chubby side and that’s just the way I like her thank you very much.

Then again, she’s also Taiwanese. So that already makes me a fetishist… Like I care, when we’re oinkin for the boinkin… :smiling_imp:

The stained teeth, that big wad of binlan stuck in the bottom lip, the red juice dribbling from the corners of his mouth…

How could any woman resist that?