SIRIUS Satellite Radio

Does anyone know if this is available in Taiwan or if I buy it online and they send it to me will it work in Taiwan. I’m interested cuz Howard Stern is on this now and NFl games.

Thanks
Ryan

I don’t think it’ll work. I looked into it for China and they have geosynchronous satellites covering North America (and some coastal water areas) only.

[quote=“surrenr”]Does anyone know if this is available in Taiwan or if I buy it online and they send it to me will it work in Taiwan. I’m interested cuz Howard Stern is on this now and NFl games.

Thanks
Ryan[/quote]

No can do bud. BAH is right. But you might check out their online devices. It MAY be possible to get Sirius that way.

good luck

I got a receiver and a subscription for my brother a year ago and he absolutely loves it. With 125 channels, there

I got a receiver and a subscription for my brother a year ago and he absolutely loves it. With 125 channels, there

With all the internet radio stations available, the reason for getting Sirius would be the stability in reception. For example, I can get NPR online, but it’s just not very reliable. I would pay for Sirius satellite radio, for the reception. Paying for it to get it online would be defeating the purpose.

[quote=“jdsmith”]How do you know which 65 channels you could listen to?
140bucks a year? They have NFL don’t they?[/quote]
No idea which ones you can listen to. Pretty sure they have NFL - the sport band has all sorts of sports including ESPN and 24-hour sport talk. Pretty American-centric, but it is an American service. And yeah it’s not cheap - told my brother he’s on his own if he wants to renew. The kicker is that they charge extra if you want to activate a second receiver.

Agreed - just thought I’d mention the option and the three-day bit. Last I checked, iTunes carries a few hundred streams, but my online reception blows - often buffers at 24 or 32 kbps. It would be wonderful to have satellite radio here, but alas as with television our access is limited at best. There certainly are an awful lot of terrestrial radio stations in Taiwan (so many that I can’t keep an iPod FM transmitting frequency for more than a few minutes at a time while driving), but it just aint what it is back home, with or without satellite.

140 divided 365 = not too bad IMHO

WinAmp has XM for free and there are hundreds of stations available for free on the internet.

Yes, but pay radio has one stop shopping. And few if any commercials on the music stations.

China has reported 2 more people have died of ‘Bird Flu’