Sisu and Bomb shelters in Taiwan

First, see my photo from link in Finland. They on purpose have deep underground stations so be a bomb shelter. I wonder any of the Metros in Taiwan are deep enough to be like the ones in Finland (which also store food) photo link:
Impressions of Sweden - Travel / International Travel - Forumosa

Second, Finland has this word “sisu” which can mean never backing down, like to Russia if they invade. So over drinks the Fins and Lithuanians (who also have the same issue and will to fight) ask me about Taiwan, I said not so sure many have this “Sisu”, what do you think? I have asked, some said they have a white flag

Did you see the tunnel in Estonia under the castle? I have some pics from last year.

I’d like to see those. We never got to the Estonia tunnel, although we did visit the castle in Tallinn.

Taiwanese are not Sisu.At least not my generation (30-40+). Dont know about other generations : the old ones are tough as nails, but old already, and the young ones… not sure… sone have more national pride, but are also spoiled…

As someone with a decent amount exposure to both Finland and Taiwan, Finland is on a different level completely.

Taiwanese take the scooter as soon as walking distance from their present position exceeds 200m. Most Finns I have met are very active, well trained and spends lots of time in nature.

Taiwanese best hope is that the Chinese might be as lethargic…

1 Like

Very true. One thing they all do is National Service (most in the Army), Fins and Lithuanians might be longer than Taiwan as far min, time. Lithuanians (some) train in the States and other EU nations and I saw US Army in Lithuanians .

50m sounds better. They wait 10-20 minutes to jump on a bus to get two stops further, you can walk that in 5-10 minutes.

Thanks for those. Very cool.

1 Like