Six officers will be charged with Freddy Gray's death

So it turns out that the prosecutors are saying, yes, the police did it. They injured his spine and none of them got him medical attention, which led to his death. On top of that, the officers had no probable cause for arresting him. One cop is being charged with 2nd degree murder and the others have charges ranging from battery to involuntary manslaughter.
baltimoresun.com/news/maryla … tml#page=1[quote]Warrants were issued for the arrest of all six officers. It wasn’t immediately clear where the officers were Friday morning.
Officer Caesar Goodson Jr., 45, who was the driver of a police van that carried Gray through the streets of Baltimore, was charged with second-degree murder, manslaughter, second-degree assault, two vehicular manslaughter charges and misconduct in office.
Officer William Porter, 25, was charged with involuntary manslaughter, second-degree assault and misconduct in office.
Lt. Brian Rice, 41, was charged with involuntary manslaughter, second-degree assault and misconduct in office.
Sgt. Alicia White, 30, was charged with involuntary manslaughter, second-degree assault and misconduct in office.
Officer Edward Nero, 29, was charged with second-degree assault and misconduct in office.
Officer Garrett Miller, 26, was charged with second-degree assault, misconduct in office and false imprisonment.
If convicted of all charges, Goodson would face up to 63 years in prison. Rice would face up to 30 years and Porter, Nero, Miller and White would face up to 20 years.[/quote]I’ll wait for the total facts to come out before I offer a strong opinion, but if they did what they are saying (arrested a guy with no probable cuz, beat him til his spine broke and then he died), I hope they all go down for it. I hate violent cops.

[quote]Investigators believe Freddie Gray suffered serious head injuries while he was in a police transport van, although they have not concluded how the injuries occurred, according to a law enforcement official familiar with the investigation.

One wound occurred when Gray struck his head on a bolt that jutted out in the van, the official said, but that was not Gray’s only head injury. And the injuries overall are consistent with what medical examiners often see in car collisions, the official said.

The findings, which have not been publicly released, are part of an investigation into Gray’s death that Baltimore police handed over to prosecutors Thursday. The new information leaves many unanswered questions for a city roiled by riots and unrest after the 25-year-old’s death from injuries that occurred while in police custody.
washingtonpost.com/local/rel … ml?hpid=z1[/quote]

Freddy Gray was a piece of sht drug dealer. Good riddance to bad rubbish. The only reason there is outcry is because he is African American. Wheres the outcry for the murdered NYC cop? Oh, he was white=no outcry. Double standards can lick my b&ls.

If marijuana was legal (which I think it should be) he would never have been made a criminal in the first place. Eric Garner was selling some loose cigarettes, not exactly the stuff that is going to earn an officer a medal for. But I guess if they make the laws the police need to enforce them. Non compliance and half a dozen cops will be all over you manhandling you as if you were calf at a rodeo in a tie down roping event. Or if that seems to much trouble they tase the person with 10,000 volts, unless they mistake the taser for a gun and just shoot you.

Anyway the prosecutor is making a complete mess of this case. The claim of there being no probable cause is not going to go anywhere, which will result in charges against 2 officers either being dropped or acquitted. Her objectiveness is already being called into question with requests for her removal and the charges she brought along with conflicts of interest that she has introduced may end up allowing the others to get off too.

Despite what you may think of Freddie Gray, no one should ever be handled in such a rough manner that it caused his spine to break and lead to his death. Someone, or some of them if not all of them should be held accountable and charged appropriately. Unfortunately what we have now is a dog and pony show.

Oh, c’mon, say what you really mean. You know you want to.

Oh, c’mon, say what you really mean. You know you want to.[/quote]

Do not assume to know me and make dumb insinuations. Was he not African American? Was he just a cracker redneck trailer trash with a tan?
Will it make you happy if I say nigger? Have you got your liberal hard on now? Now you can shout racist and report my post. Well, go on. Maybe better you wait until you’ve knocked one out for exposing racism. Don’t forget to shout racism when you reach your self fornicated ecstasy.

[quote=“bigduke6”]
Do not assume to know me and make dumb insinuations. Was he not African American? Was he just a cracker redneck trailer trash with a tan?
Will it make you happy if I say nigger? [/quote]

Why do you do that? Can’t you express yourself without racial slurs? There are many other words in the English language available. if you’re thinking of having a discussion about the semantics of the word nigger, and think talking about usage in the black community will give a legitimate “intellectual” debate, you’re wrong, even you are black, encouraging its usage in this forum is not advised.

[quote=“Mick”][quote=“bigduke6”]
Will it make you happy if I say nigger? [/quote]

Why do you do that? Can’t you express yourself without racial slurs? There are many other words in the English language available. if you’re thinking of having a discussion about the semantics of the word nigger, and think talking about usage in the black community will give a legitimate “intellectual” debate, you’re wrong, even you are black, encouraging its usage in this forum is not advised.[/quote]

You really should be asking the previous poster this question. He screamed racism, and definitely insinuated that, my usage of the word African American, was merely a smoke screen for a word with more negative racial connotations. I used the one of the other words in the English language. It was obviously a racial slur to the poster, so I assume what is considered a racial slur, is a matter of opinion. Do you object to my usage of African American? Black? I noticed, there was no comment on my usage of Redneck Cracker, when talking about the White community. Love it! The hypocrisy!

If I said “Caucasian American” when referring to the police officer, would he have made a similar comment? I guarantee a 120%, not. I was under the impressions African Americans was the preferred nomenclature? He seems to forget 3 of the subjects accused were, Americans of African persuasion.

I will now insult the poster by calling him a limp wristed liberal. This is obviously a vicious slur in his eyes.

Now he can take this any way he wants. Dead African Americans in the hands of the police, is more newsworthy than, Caucasian Americans in the hands of the police.

There’s no such thing as a list of banned words, as a mod I look at some of the more vulgar terms in the context they were used and decide if necessary to edit it out or temp the post. I dislike having to do both so ask for peoples co-operation in this regard. It’s more about the spirit of the rules and if like insulting another poster its more likely to derail a thread and result in a name calling exchange or if other posters report a particular post I will do something.

I had originally taken Mike N’s comment another way, as what you had written was quite direct I thought it was more along the lines of “whoa, don’t hold back, tell us what you really think of him” but reading it again, I can see how it might be interpreted in the way that you did. Anyway lets all try and keep these boards civil and if you see a problem, press the report button.

Back to the case and this thread, Prosecutor In Freddie Gray Case Seeks Gag Order

[quote=“Mick”]There’s no such thing as a list of banned words, as a mod I look at some of the more vulgar terms in the context they were used and decide if necessary to edit it out or temp the post. I dislike having to do both so ask for peoples co-operation in this regard. It’s more about the spirit of the rules and if like insulting another poster its more likely to derail a thread and result in a name calling exchange or if other posters report a particular post I will do something.

I had originally taken Mike N’s comment another way, as what you had written was quite direct I thought it was more along the lines of “whoa, don’t hold back, tell us what you really think of him” but reading it again, I can see how it might be interpreted in the way that you did. Anyway lets all try and keep these boards civil and if you see a problem, press the report button.

Back to the case and this thread, Prosecutor In Freddie Gray Case Seeks Gag Order[/quote]

No problem. Understood.

Oh, c’mon, say what you really mean. You know you want to.[/quote]
Fine I’ll say it, Freddie Gray was a THUG.

I feel like the inciteful left (I just made that term up :slight_smile: is in danger of going 0/4 here. Three of the cops were black, Baltimore is full of black people and it’s been run by Democrats for like 50 years in one of the bluest states in the union. Even if they get their convictions this time, what do they think it’ll prove?

Apparently this is the new trigger word. I had to look it up as someone from the UK, thug means in my mind a white supremacist football hooligan. Type it into google images, then again you get a very different result if you type US instead of UK.

[quote=“Mick”][quote=“Il Ðoge”]
Fine I’ll say it, Freddie Gray was a THUG.
[/quote]

Apparently this is the new trigger word. I had to look it up as someone from the UK, thug means in my mind a white supremacist football hooligan. Type it into google images, then again you get a very different result if you type US instead of UK.[/quote]
Thug is the new N word.

A thug is defined as a violent, murderous criminal. Now, it’s used to describe black people who FOX news watching mouth breathers do not like. Obama is a Chicago thug. Richard Sherman (American footballer) is called a thug cuz he doesn’t play nice. Black people killed by cops are all “thugs”, even if they were not being violent at all.

Sorry, but if you are using thug to describe anything but a violent criminal, you might be a racist.

Yes, people who say “thug” might be racist. Or they might not be…

A black guy in Baltimore, who is not being violent at all, is killed by police. I would say anyone who calls him a thug is more than likely a racist, but probably not self aware enough to know it.

Welp, now there’s riots in Cleveland. I guess the usual suspects around here really have tired of that game of theirs. Would this sorry excuse for a thread even exist if I hadn’t shamed them into posting something?

An observation: isn’t it interesting how these things always seem to happen in cities run by liberal Democrats?

Remember, folks: the police are the enforcement arm of government. You get the government you vote for, and you get it good and hard.

Derp!

Pretty much sums up your post

Derp!

Pretty much sums up your post[/quote]

Touchy, aren’t we?

Derp!

Pretty much sums up your post[/quote]

Touchy, aren’t we?[/quote]
We? You operating a joint account? :no-no:
That was just my lazy way of pointing out that everything you said was wrong, illogical, and/or just plain dumb.

How about actually convicting the cops who kill unarmed citizens (overwhelmingly minorities) who pose no threat to the supposedly trained and professional cops? And stop blaming the victims of these shootings by painting them as “thugs” when, for example, they may have smoked a little weed in the previous month? Riots are never a good thing, but when you consider the continued failure of the justice system to stop these injustices, they are certainly understandable.

Point of fact- there were no riots in Cleveland this weekend. There were protests and a few people got violent, but the Cleveland police said there was no rioting.