SJW no-whites day at Evergreen State College

Berating a professor like a group of mobs seems a bit extreme, but I don’t see how having a no-white day is a problem. An all-minority event could be empowering to said groups. If you disagree with this so much, do you also disagree with all-boy or all-girl high schools? They still exist like literally everywhere.

Decades ago every day in America (and beyond) was a no-black day, or a no-woman day, or a no-gay day. Now white people can have a taste of what it was like to be black, sounds rather educational to me. If I were white and I went to that school, I would respect this and not be on campus for 24 hours.

[quote=“Gain, post:21, topic:160519, full:true”]
I don’t see how having a no-white day is a problem.[/quote]
Um … because it’s retarded?

'kay, so what we’re saying here is that because some white Americans who are mostly dead and gone indulged in some astoundingly bigoted dumbassery seventy years ago, it’s a good idea for black people to repeat the same dumbassery because it’s educational? The point of education, surely, is to inculcate more enlightened behaviour, not to take a step backwards.

I assume you would deploy the same argument to justify, say, the recent Nazi parades by Taiwanese students? Perhaps we should have some elections with no men allowed to vote?

If I were white, I would leave and go to a proper college.

7 Likes

Would you participate in a “no Asians” (or “no benshengren”, “no waishengren”, “no Han” etc.) day?

Yeah sure, I wouldn’t mind it. And if there’s a girls-only day I wouldn’t mind being away for a day either.

If you don’t see why this is a problem, you’re part of the problem. It’s precisely this kind of mentality that led to a mob of students berating the professor.

Yes, empowering them to become racists and bigots.[quote=“Gain, post:21, topic:160519”]
If you disagree with this so much, do you also disagree with all-boy or all-girl high schools? They still exist like literally everywhere.
[/quote]

Yes, I disagree. Men and women have enough trouble communicating with each other as it is.[quote=“Gain, post:21, topic:160519”]
Decades ago every day in America (and beyond) was a no-black day, or a no-woman day, or a no-gay day. Now white people can have a taste of what it was like to be black, sounds rather educational to me.
[/quote]

Just speechless. I can only assume that you yourself were brainwashed at a similar institution. Making whites the object of racism doesn’t make racism right. [quote=“Gain, post:21, topic:160519”]
If I were white and I went to that school, I would respect this and not be on campus for 24 hours.
[/quote]

If I were white…wait, I am white. I went to Berkeley, and even Berkeley wasn’t this cretinous, at least back when I was there.

3 Likes

LOL, a no Han Chinese day in a Taiwanese university. You’d be lynched and deported, Taiwanese would not tolerate this kind of bs.

Sometimes I’m ashamed to be white. We are way too soft.

3 Likes

Such an institution deserves to be directly threatened IMO. You need to nip this right in the bud.

How about a “no cisgender” day? A “no Buddhists” day? And so on…

[quote=“finley, post:22, topic:160519”]
I assume you would deploy the same argument to justify, say, the recent Nazi parades by Taiwanese students? Perhaps we should have some elections with no men allowed to vote?
[/quote]I don’t see how these two incidents are related in any way.

Elections are different, but it would be an interesting idea if there’s some extreme gender quota applied. The cabinets/parliament used to be 100% male and no one was complaining about it, and it’s still like 90% male in some countries (ahem Japan ahem), so why couldn’t there be a 100% female cabinet/parliament? There’d be less testosterone, therefore less war, for one thing.

That’s rich. Like women are more peaceful than men.

How about stopping segregation altogether?
Unfortunately the postmodernists have taken over the asylum.

1 Like

Of course Gain would be in support of something like this.

Some days I think she really is Meryl Streep.

1 Like

I doubt the real Streep would spend any time in Taiwan. All the noise and smells would offend her delicate limousine liberal sensibilities.

2 Likes

I didn’t think you would. You seem to be suggesting that historical re-enactments of past injustices are of value to remind people of what was. While I’m not averse to the idea in principle, I’d suggest there are good ways and bad ways to go about it. Consent, surely, would be a big part of doing it right.

In this case, the motivator is real racial aggression, and sneaky, self-righteous aggression at that. We don’t really want to see that on public display. If non-white students are offended by the presence of white students, it might be better for all concerned if they keep their thoughts to themselves.

If that cabinet were packed with competent, public-spirited people, I couldn’t care less if they were all Thai transsexuals. However, as the good Doctor points out, female leaders are (historically) no more or less likely to start wars, and women on the average are no more or less competent than men. Why more men than women tend to end up as politicians, and have done for the whole of recorded history, is probably a bit more complicated than ‘testosterone’ or ‘oppression’.

Ummm… same sex schools are much different than this. Participation in same-sex schools is voluntary (as least the USA), you aren’t forced out.

This is forcing people to leave. If the white people did it voluntarily, it would still be stupid but acceptable because they chose to do it. Forcing someone to leave a campus that they paid to attend and supposedly has anti-discrimination rules as a condition of enrollment is wrong and probably illegal if it receives US federal funding.

Those students should have the right to sue that school for this for not living up to it obligations and failing to protect students.

If I was an employer, I would be keeping note of which colleges have this kind of crap and start blacklisting them.

3 Likes

Indeed.

European Queens Waged More Wars Than Kings

And women are just as capable as men of waging war

Just about the time we were starting to get the hang of equal access to public accomodations regardlss of race, gender, religion or national origin some fools had to go and decide that two wrongs make a right.

No. Best person for the job, always. No matter if it’s a janitor, a doctor, a politician or an army general.

2 Likes

I would have held mine at a lunch counter on campus.

Prof. Jordan Peterson is often the target of this kind of social justice nonsense, and he found out that the solution to avoid protesters is to hold speeches/classes early in the morning because those people simply don’t show up.

1 Like