SJW no-whites day at Evergreen State College

You’ll have to help me out here.

When did Trump or his campaign delineate polite society and try to banish certain Americans from it?

My recollection is that he was tearing down polite society, or at least working to destroy the political logjam that civil discourse had boxed Washington into. I don’t ever recall him claiming a higher level of discourse, and shaming anybody who refused to follow the new rules.

1 Like

Impolite is the new polite. :upside_down_face:

(Also phrased as “grab 'em by the cat of the day is the new honest and uncorrupted”.)

Yeah, I don’t remember conservatives defending Trump’s political tactics. I recall that they ignored them (if at all possible), with a few exceptions (Jeff Flake, Mitt Romney, Dean Heller come to mind). All the exceptions were trying to shame Trump, though, not Democrats or other political enemies.

One of the reasons Trump appeals to his supporters is that he is immune to SJW godliness (to borrow some shorthand from above). In fact, he seems to relish a relentless baiting of SJWs.

That baiting is not at all similar to the the tactics used by SJW’s. And I don’t think conservatives who supported him early in his campaign ever attempted to shame Americans who opposed Trump.

The closest to SJWs on the right would probably be the old pro-life Republicans. Lot of them support Trump, but even they never tried to shame other Americans into supporting Trump for president.

1 Like

I get shamed by you guys every day for opposing the Don, and I’m not even American.

“You don’t support Trump? That means you support Clintoglobalism!” etc. It gets old after a few years…

Shame and ridicule are not the same thing. :grin: And none of us have any sense of shame anyway.

Well, would I apologize for that if I thought I had ever tried to shame you. Not my intention, certainly (and I don’t think it’s me you’re talking about).

The frustrating part for me (maybe this is what you pick up) is that a lot of people, especially North Americans, can’t get past Trump’s many personal flaws and treat his administration fairly. (Europeans are different; harsh and unjust criticism of the US has always come from Europe and I don’t pay too much attention.)

His many personal flaws make him totally unfit for office, that’s true. His administration reflects his character almost completely and is the worst I’ve ever seen in any sense. So I’m treating them fairly too. Just wanted to get that in there

1 Like

Like I said, lots of Americans cannot get past Trump the person. You are hardly alone.

You’re not listening. It’s good that you recognize that Trump is a person whom one should not get past. It sounds to me like you’re trying to block out the rest of it.

No. that’s unfair.

Not you two specifically, Honorable Horse & Honorable Cow. :bowing:

It’s the whole polarization thing: you’re either with us or against us. There’s a lot of it going around. Trump didn’t start it, but he’s doing nothing to stop it.

What? That’s it? I’ll say it again–I think his administration and everything they’ve done is hot garbage, a tire fire. I see them as a pox upon the country. So… how is that related to Trump’s recognized character flaws? Except that a person with minimal character could not be expected to run anything properly.

Got it. Not here to change your mind.

On the other hand, this isn’t chess. Just because you refuse to acknowledge accomplishments of the Trump administration does not put me in some political checkmate.

You are obviously free to continue feeling about Trump the way you do. It is perfectly ok.

Peace.

3 Likes

Such as?

does not put me in some political checkmate.

I’m simply refuting your assertion that people are not recognizing the undescribed positive nature of his administration and are merely obsessed with Trump’s “many personal flaws”.

You are obviously free to feel as you do as well! Cheers

he still hasn’t involved the Us in two civil wars in the middle east that lead to the collapse of a country and left the other one in ruins. That’s already a massive improvement over the previous administration.

That’s leaving out all the benefits for the market, the tax cuts and the working class in general, because in current year fuck workers, they’re all redneck bigots who voted for Sdrumpf and their interests don’t matter.

1 Like

Don’t worry, Ibby. Rowland’s working day and night to fix that. :exploding_head:

I don’t like you.

Isn’t it your job to love and forgive everyone? :heart: :rainbow:

War is a mirror. People can see the blue sky and the grass in the mirror. They can also see the people who are looking in the mirror in front of the mirror, but they will never see the people who are fighting for the war. A government must learn from the 1280px-US_flag_reflexion_on_Vietnam_Veterans_Memorial_12_2011_000124past , open up new situations, and improve the vicious cycle.

I know what you mean, and maybe you’re partially right. One side always criticizes the other side’s defects much more than what they would do with their own people. And maybe Trump looks much more of a jerk than what he actually is.

But he’s still doing and saying things that are not appropriate, that are ridiculous to anybody who’s not his fan. It’s not about disliking him, it’s about him being an idiot, a gigantic one.

Still his posture regarding certain things might be at least as legitimate as the ones you see in the left (if you even have that in the USA). And Trump happens to represent the right wing posture regarding certain things that I would agree with the right wing and not the left. So it’s a mix of things.

And again, the guy’s still an asshole.