Skeleton leaves

http://www.save-on-crafts.com/skeletonleaves14.html

I’ve been through the lanes around Dihua Street and the art stores near Shida - no luck so far. Anyone spotted something like this (preferably copper - silver and gold also OK) around Taipei? I KNOW they can be found because I’ve seen them on stuff sold in stores so it seems dumb to order internationally. Thanks!

Dragonbabe searched a long time to find these online. I’m not sure if they’re exactly what you want:

store.pchome.com.tw/capflee/M01179754.htm

store.pchome.com.tw/capflee/M01179809.htm

store.pchome.com.tw/capflee/M01179849.htm

store.pchome.com.tw/capflee/M01180214.htm

That helps a lot, thanks! I ordered a bunch of colors though they don’t have the gold or copper I want - a little spray paint or acrylic will fix that. I think it worked though I am not sure what my credit card company (in the USA) is going to think of a charge to a website all in Chinese. :slight_smile:

[quote=“channamasala”]

I’ve been through the lanes around Dihua Street [/quote]

Have you been to Yenping N rd just north of the train station area? There are a few biggish arts and crafts store there.

[quote=“Tempo Gain”][quote=“channamasala”]

I’ve been through the lanes around Dihua Street [/quote]

Have you been to Yanping N Rd just north of the train station area? There are a few biggish arts and crafts store there.[/quote]

Yeah, Tempo Gain’s suggestion is good. There are some big ones on the east side if I recall correctly.

I’ll check that out, thanks!

Dragonbones - for whatever reason the order did not go through on the website you gave and I can’t figure out why. It just…didn’t work. Nothing was deducted from my card and I never received any leaf skeletons. Rather than keep trying online I think I’ll try the Yanping area first.

OK, but if Yanping doesn’t work out, contact the online seller – it could be the charge to the card was rejected or something.

Yanping didn’t work out - DIY stores simply don’t carry that sort of thing, I’ve found. I started my search to the south, around where all those crystal/bead stores are in the mall north of Taipei Main and worked my way north towards Chang’an and Yanping until I reached Nanjing, stopping in every freakin’ craft shop (and there were many) on the way. None. I found 2 that sold fake plastic leaves but that’s not what I want.

HOWEVER! I did learn from asking clerks in those stores that leaf skeletons are grouped under “dried flowers” in the grand scheme of things - the word for them is “gan zao ye” (like “gan zao hua” but, err, not flowers but leaves). So if I want them I have to go to flower shops!

Instead of wandering around all the tiny flowershops, I just went to the Jianguo Flower Market last week and found plenty. The selection is not as good as in the USA but two sellers have the small kind I need (these are for boutonnieres and corsages to be worn at a wedding so I can’t use the huge ones used in most flower arranging) in white, so I can spray paint them the right colors.

I’ve also been told that Neihu’s “Taipei Flower Market” as well as the one on Jingxing Road (Near Wanlong MRT) should have them.

Just posting all this for the next person who comes along needing leaf skeletons and hopefully does a search.

Thanks all!