Skin Cancer clinics

^You go in and ask the Dr to look at your moles. (S)He will use a magnifying glass, ask if you have had skin cancer before (or anyone in your family) a give you an opinion. A photo may also be taken (close up) for analysis/comparison should you return after 3 months.

I would have them look at all the areas where you have moles, not just ones you were concerned about.

I had a couple of moles removed at Wan Fang a few years ago. Also some removed for cosmetic reasons.
Their doctors seem OK. I have also had the ‘wait 3 months’ thing said, as they thought it wasn’t cancerous. But they also said, if I wanted it removed surgically and a biopsy carried out, they would do it.

I went to NTU hospital for a mole inspection and doctor was also useless. I went to a private skin clinic before and they refered me to NTUH. The doctor at NTU said “oh you have lots of moles”. I said yeah I some removed before and he asked if they were found cancerous in the lab. I said no, so then he said I shouldn’t worry too much. He advised me to take a photo of my skin and see every few months if anything has changed. He didn’t want to inspect any of my moles. And I had to pay 397 NT for that useless advise.

So, I had a couple of dark and growing moles sliced off in front of my eyes and other senses a few weeks back. Both benign, but the one on my boob had a “root system,” so we have to monitor.

Just looking for some helpful hints and tips about preventative skin care and such things. I wasn’t much of sun tanny guy in Taiwan, but I did dive, and my face was always burned up. I can see a blotch or two on the pie plate that could be something. :face_with_monocle: :ponder:

Tips to Reduce Your Risk for Melanoma:MRA Tanning Bed Graphic

• Never Intentionally Expose Your Skin to the Sun. There is no such thing as a ‘healthy’ tan.

• Wear Sunscreen. Make sunscreen a daily habit. UV radiation can still damage skin even in the winter and on cloudy days. Use broad-spectrum sunscreen (protects against UVA and UVB rays) with SPF of at least 30. Learn more about sunscreen here.

• Wear Protective Clothing. Protect your body with sun-protective clothing, hat, and sunglasses. Learn more about protective clothing here.

• Avoid Peak Rays. Seek shade during the mid-day sun, when the sun’s rays are most intense. Learn more about the UV Index here.

• Don’t Use Tanning Beds. Indoor tanning has been shown to increase the risk of melanoma by up to 75%. Melanoma is one of the top three cancers diagnosed in young adults (ages 25-29), and scientists attribute this trend to the use of tanning beds among this age group, particularly young women.

• Protect Children. Children are particularly vulnerable to damage from UV rays. Just one bad sunburn in childhood or adolescence doubles your child’s chances of developing melanoma later in life.