Skype in Taiwan. redeeming vouchers, and other matters

Hi. I tried to redeem my skype voucher these last two days and the page doesn’t work. Is there an other way?

When I try the Chinese Redemption page, it asks me for my Taiwanese ID number and says I should contact them if I"m a foreigner.

Does anyone have a Taiwanese Skype account. WHat does it offer you?
Thanks.

NO ONE USES SKYPE HERE or wants to help? OK… for those that are interested here’s what I found out.

1. The English redemption page at PC does not work presently I sent them an E-mail.
  2. They replied that they are a class II telecomnications company and they need proof the foreigner is legal.

1.Skype user name:

2.Name:

3.ID NO:

4.TEL:

5.Address:

6.Email:

They need the following proof:
please provide a photo copy of your passport as well as any of the following IDs: NHI IC Card (national health insurance card), Residence Permits, Work Permits either via fax or email together within the following information.

Then you can redeem your credit in Chinese at

skype.pchome.com.tw/redeem.jsp
Here is their contact information. I hope this helps.

• Skype Me: online_service

• EMAIL : skype@skype.pchome.com.tw
    (PS: I refuse to give my passport anymore as the law states that permanent residents based on spouse should have the same rights as the Taiwanese do. I used my health card, id card and driver’s license.)

Sorry, I would have helped if I’d seen this post. I had the same problem (and same resolution) and I’m pretty sure I posted about it here sometime last year.

I have no idea why anyone would use a local skype account. There are more services on skype international available and less stupid rules.

So just don’t bother. Register for skype international, and avoid pchome.

Kenneth

[quote=“KenTaiwan98”]I have no idea why anyone would use a local skype account. There are more services on skype international available and less stupid rules.

So just don’t bother. Register for skype international, and avoid pchome.

Kenneth[/quote]

Or you can give this a try, they’re offering free calling to the US right now until this end of this month.

If you do sign up, plz put referrer as Sungus so I can get 30 minutes off you, what… I’m not helping you guys for free :bow: :discodance: