Skype Sound Problem

I use Skype almost every day to talk to my friends, and it used to work fine until about two weeks ago. Ever since then, the sound has been very strange. It’s like the sound is fragmented, stopping and starting every 1/10 of a second, which makes the audio almost unintelligible. Not only the audio of the people who are talking to me has this problem, but even the “sound effects” of Skype have this problem. For example, open this file to hear what the Skype “dial tone” sounds like for me.

However, my sound is fine for anything else (playing WAV, WMA, and MP3 music files, playing an audio CD which is in the CD drive, playing videos on YouTube, watching Flash videos online, playing WMV and AVI video files, etc.) Also, the sound is fine for Yahoo Messenger and MSN Messenger, so Skype is the only instant messaging program that has this problem.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Skype, changing to an older version of Skype, reinstalling the sound card driver files, and changing the sound card, but none of the these methods solved the problem.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Specs about My Computer
Operating System: Windows XP, Home Edition, with SP2
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 (2.33 GHz)
Motherboard: Intel DP43TF
Memory: 2 GB of DDR2 SDRAM, 800 MHz (PC2-6400)
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Live! SB0200