Sleeping with light and/or tv on?

But it has ghosts in it! Everybody know this thing.

I melt wax into my ears every night to stay safe.

[quote=“Buttercup”]But it has ghosts in it! Everybody know this thing.
[/quote]

Not us Gingers.
We’re immune to ghosts, (being almost the same urselves), which most certainly do not come thru jamming out on the pulled out cable groove. It’s in D minor, by the way…

And a 1,2,3…
For…

But i saw a dockumentery!

whitenoisemovie.com/

[quote=“Buttercup”]But I saw a dockumentery!

whitenoisemovie.com/[/quote]

Merely a cunning plan to ensnare more whoman receptacles… :sunglasses:

They’ll never take me alive! Or dead. Or undead. Or … OK, maybe I’d just run into the light. I still haven’t been kidnapped by aliens, despite having spent considerable stretches of time in fields, making signals. Do you think I’d have to go to 'Merica?

[quote=“Buttercup”]But I saw a dockumentery!

whitenoisemovie.com/[/quote]

It has sequal

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0496436/

I don’t think the lights on or tv on for sleep purposes are specifically an ‘asian’ thing. Lots of people use some sort of ‘stimuli’ to sleep. We live in a noisy and busy world and silence is the most deafening(sp?) sound out there. I can’t sleep in silence. I go insane. I have to have some sort of white noise sound. For me it’s a fan. I sleep year round with a fan–it drives my partner crazy. He’s getting use to it but I don’t think he’s ready to acknowledge it. The other day he woke up in the middle of the night to turn the fan on(I try to compromise with one day a week with the fan off) in his sleep. Hahahaha!!

I actually use my fan to drowned out the sounds of the neighbors, dogs, airplanes, sirens, traffic, etc… I like to sleep late into the morning here so it works out well. I wouldn’t be able to keep my windows open in the summer without it. I also like the feel of the air blowing around.

I knew a guy in college that used to fall asleep with a blow dryer he said it reminded him of being a kid and his mom blow drying him off after a bath. Pretty weird. He is lucky he didn’t start himself on fire. He has done two tours in Iraq so I am pretty sure he has broken that habit.
Is Hualien quiet? otherwise I think I will be back to sleeping with the fan.

I think that compared with Taipei, Hualien is much quieter at night, but it does depend on where you live. Using the fan at night is not likely necessary to keep other sounds out where I live but it does help in the early morning hours when the egg distributor across the street starts the days business! Nights tend to be really quiet in my neighborhood.