Slogans to stir the heart!

For a clothing shop near Tai Da, called Yo Yo:

“Young and open”

Just the way I like 'em!

real estate project in Xinzhu city: “Exotism of Switzerland”

real estate project in Xinzhu county: “Melody around the Beauty Lake”

on a scooter: “we reach for the stars, neither does civilization”

a restaurant sign: “after eight only snakes”

The Taiwan Railway Authority has these mini-posters up, of a train chugging proudly toward the camera. And beneath, these inspiring words:

“Keeping staff horizontal when passing lever crossing.”

Aside from the infelicitous double-entendre, I wonder what they were really trying to accomplish here–tell passengers how to drive the train?

This isn’t really a slogan, but oh well: Asia World bookstore in Taipei, the French one, has a display up for “French Kitty” (a kind of cartoon character / stuffed animal doll). In the display, behind the kitty herself, they put up an image of her “passport.” French Kitty turns out to be an American.

This morning I saw a girl in a pink shirt. There was a darker pink cat on the front and on the back it said, “Evil Rubber”.

I saw a cutesy notepad with a little bunny looking over her shoulder at the viewer.

Over top of the bunny (looking at you over her exposed butt) it said “You Wanna Piece of This?”

Inside, on the bottom of each page it said “Why Cunt We Be Best Friends!”

[color=red]“Don’t make me come over there!”[/color]

– Dad

Spotted on the back of a guy’s jacket on the escalator at the Tai Chung Sogo:

SISSYBOY: BEST IN THE NFL

There’s a really good dessert restaurant across from Fengchia University called High Pie that serves a surprisingly delicious pie called the “Love Hole”.

And then there’s the apartment building by Tea Street called “the MacArthur Project” with a profile of the General chomping on a pipe. (Always wanted to live there…)

She didn’t have a friggin’ clue.

In case you were wondering what their gang sign was.

A very cute t-shirt for about a six-year-old, at a roadside stand: I’m having happy day. Don’t fuck it up."

A student’s jacket: “I love you so i could kill you.”

A 50cc scooter: “Breaking wind”

From a pants (trousers you Brits) store:

“Even the biggest bird can fit in our pants.”

:noway:

And on a Syn Yat-Sen MRT station ad:

“Try it!” And the illustration is what looks like a woman on her knees unbuckling a man’s trousers.

On closer inspection this is revealed to be a photographic joke–the woman is actually examining the clothes on a half-body maniquin (sp?) which a man is standing behind.

Big billboard at the Shilin night market. “Impossible is Nothing!”

Red Banner at some sort of medical clinic on Linsen North road. “T.B. = The Treatment is the Best!”

If you haven’t yet you should check out ‘Engrish.com
It’s full of this stuff- check out ‘recent discoveries’ - mostly from Japan but equally hilarious.