Slow Exodus of Businesses from Taiwan due to political risk

I’ve gone through the news. Haven’t seen anything. You can’t give me on example?

there is a difference between losing money, and the risk of losing your life in a Chinese bombing raid. Similarly there is a difference between losong some of your money vs losing all of it.

All China will be able to do is conduct limited bombing raids in Taiwan, as the US had. They will not be able to put boots on the ground. If China bombs Taiwan, America will become involved, and shit will happen.

It might be like Kiev, who sees some bombing but are otherwise at peace.

If Americans can’t (or find it unworthy to) put boots on the ground in Taiwan, then no way in hell China ever will. There are much better, easier to invade targets around Taiwan to invade.

We do have some serious Nobel prize level experts on this forum. Just look at the covid-19/mask discussions.

1 Like

Im so over hot takes on a war in the straits

Nobody knows. The PLA and Xi are a black box

3 Likes

Hasn’t the chairman of ProLogium said the reason they are setting up their new factory in Dunkirk is due to the tensions over Taiwan? An example of business leaving?

2 Likes

That’s sad

All indications tell me that xi and china aren’t stupid. A hot war in taiwan started by china is incredibly stupid.

If you can get what you want without a war, you do that.

You know him personally right?

Hanging out and drinking beers, chatting politics?

You don’t need to know him personally to know a war is incredibly stupid and xi doesn’t seem like the stupid type. He wouldn’t be chairman otherwise. CCP officials get executed for doing stupid shit all the time.

Maybe you assume he’s stupid like Putin…

Ok if you dont know him, i can ignore your opinion

Fine, sleep with an AK under your pillow and live every day like some nuke is going to go off in Taipei.

Nobody knows

The thinktanks dont know

Journalists don’t know

Random YouTubers don’t know.

We have no idea what Beijing or Xi is thinking

Thats why the Pelosi trip was such a mistake. Put Taiwan in the headlines for all the wrong reasons and scared away foreign investors and companies. But nice ego boost for her

Thankfully McCarthy trip didnt happen

1 Like

So you just assume they twittle their thumbs with dreams of bombing taiwan and sending troops to occupy taiwan?

How would they do that? How much experience does the pla have in amphibious warfare? Do they have the logistics to pull this off?

Logistics win wars. This is why the us military wins wars. They who decided to not invade taiwan in world war 2 because they knew it would be incredibly stupid and pointless.

Actually I think the stupid ones is the USA. Pelosi has no business coming.

It doesnt matter what you think. It matters what they think. And seeing as you have no idea what they are thinking, im not that interested in hot takes

I can see one scenario where china would invade, if taiwan for some stupid reason decides to shoot first. Like launch missiles at china, sink plan ships, etc.

Then now it’s a defensive war.

ok

Prior to the special military operation Putin was regarded as a geopolitical genius by many.

1 Like