Small business for foreigner + Mainland spouse

Sounds good on paper however the reality is both are needed on a lot of occasions, Taiwan immigration will even ask for the China doc’s on occasion as will Chinese airlines at check-in and even transiting through Hong Kong both can be required.

1 Like

Yes they ask to see the passport at very least. Boarding from Thailand we got a windup too. It’s best to have all papers because who you are dealing with is airline check in staff. And even if you are technically ok no one told them

The actual experience of using these papers v the abstract meaning of them are two different things

2 Likes

So it’s possible, but can be a pain is the impression I’m getting. We’ll try to get the card from Mainland authorities, maybe I need to give her a director position in the new company which may convince them it’s needed for business reasons.

Then fallback on the via a third country approach if it doesn’t work I guess

In my experience: her passport, marriage cert. And your ARC. May take about three days to process.

And then you have dependent status from Thailand without this card👍 and don’t have to call people ‘communist authorities’ whoop