Smart dressing

Ah, got it. Usually, in the West, women mature faster than men. Here, well, yep, think 17 at least.

I am more into Japanses fashion, but yes, those leg warmers are old history. Weird.

If you feel unconfortable, don’t change. Crocks… personally I find them distateful in any place. There are other -cheaper- options, which look good. Loafers, nice leathe dress shoes. It all depends on time and place. They may even be more confortable and healthier for your feet. Anyways, winter is coming and your clothing choices will be affected by the weather. Doc Martens will be welcomed among the puddles. May I suggest some waterproof Timberlands? Confy, warm and practical. No puffer jackets, maybe a nice Goretex. You got the dough, you furriner. :laughing:

I’m with Icon…Crocs are distasteful in any place! I personally wish they were illegal (along with Speedos).

If you are comfortable with yourself and what you wear, why change? I’ve seen the product of men who were changed by the women in their lives…they just looked, well…weird. Out of their own skin, so to speak.

Well, yeah, I’m thinking to ask my GF to let go of the leg warmers and I then will keep my crocs somewhere else. If she wants to wear them leg warmers, I have the right to wear my crocs. If she wants to keep those leg warmers, I’m not going to get rid of these crocs, I will probably buy another pair (orange ones). She doesn’t like the fact that she look richly dressed and I’m looking cheaper with the crocs, but crocs are widely sold in Taiwan, so millions of people cannot be wrong right?

Have you tried pointing out that FAR from looking “richly dressed” she in fact looks like she went to the night market and spent NT$300 on an entire outfit?

Whats wrong with Speedos?

I have a friend who likes to wear his 25 year old one where all the elastic has disintegrated.
We always know summers coming when his left ball hangs out the jogging shorts he wears over the Speedo.

It’s like our own groundhog day.

And no, it isn’t Jimip. He gravitates towards the right ball hanging out. Apparently the chicks here dig it.

At home we call that “popping an oyster”.

Why don’t you just take her friends up on the offer and see how it goes. If they want to take you out to some bars where you’d never normally go what have you got to lose? It’s not like you have to wear these clothes all the time. And you might find something that really suits you, or even that you like the idea of occasionally dressing a bit differently. If you don’t and really feel terribly uncomfortable then at least you gave it a shot.

Crocs and leg warmers apart, I asked some of my guy friends about their opinions concerning the women fashion and there are things that a lot of men don’t like:

• fake eyelashes + contacts
  • socks + pumps, sandals
  • thigh high socks + high heels, boots, sandals
  • sneakers + long skirts
  • lots of hair ornaments (a simple band is OK, no ornament is even better)
  • ponchos and fringes
    -long and oversized cardigans that give the baggy lady look
  • lots of scarves around the neck (here is Taiwan, not South Pole)
  • sunglasses in the restaurants, malls, movie theather
  • overly red lipstick
  • skirts + leggings (most men I know hate them)
  • Chunk pumps (like Jessica Simpson’s pumps)
  • overly processed hair or very fake hair colour
  • glitzy eyeshadow
  • overly designed eyebrows (like Elizabeth Taylor’s eyebrows) or shaved eyebrows

You forgot denim shorts over black stockings (possibly all under a shortish dress). :aiyo:

God, you failed to mention glasses with no LENSES…

All of which confirms the old saying that women dress for other women and not men.

Gave ME a hardon, at any rate.

Plus other factors:

Just love us. That will make life easier for all involved.

Fair enough. BTW, you know what they call Crocs here in Taiwan? Bush shoes. As in George Bush.

Uhhh, yeah, we love Freddie, but he wouldn’t exactly be my first choice for advice on girls…if you know what I mean. :wink:

I just saw a guy, that’s a guy, walk past downstairs wearing UGG boots.
I swear, if this becomes a trend, I really will have to start hitting people.

Jesus, they are STILL wearing those??? :bravo:

Pink ones? I’ve seen 4 guys -not all at the same time, that’ll be a sign of the Apocalypse- wearing pink ones. Or pink Timberlands. Yes, guys.

So glad to realize that there is that much more rampant totty for the likes of me and mine… as apart from the hair and eye ornaments, most of the above suits me just fine,
:discodance:

The title of this thread is misleading.

I am guilty of 3/4s of that list… :blush: