Smart Shanghai - nice resource

Smart Shanghai, urban webzine | lifestyle, nightlife, dining, culture in Shanghai

For those who travel back and forth periodically or regularly. Taipei and Taiwan is being passed by. :unamused: And this is one beautifully designed website. :uhhuh:

Nice, but the server is too slow.

heck
we could have that and more…Taipei doesn’t have to be passed by, only needs a few creative minds willing to put the brain power together. Anyone, up for it?

I do really like that site a whole lot. Yep, it’s slow. Wonder if it’s being hosted in the PRC. Can’t tell from the IPs. To do SmartTaipei.com is more than putting creative minds together. It needs the hands-on folks to put it together and that’s not so easy to find here. The time also isn’t trivial. Then you need the army of content providers to give fresh content. Who’s gonna pay for that?

Taiwanfun could be it… but their site has a terrible layout, the result of a poorly thought out web strategy.

Hmmm… :ponder:

It’s a good site. Can’t really compare to Taipei, lots more people, lots more foreigners, lots more restaurants, clubs, and lots more money. Taipei moved to Shanghai years ago. There were 150,000 Taiwanese there when I was there in 1998. God knows how many now.

[quote=“Yellow Cartman”]I do really like that site a whole lot. Yep, it’s slow. Wonder if it’s being hosted in the PRC. Can’t tell from the IPs. To do SmartTaipei.com is more than putting creative minds together. It needs the hands-on folks to put it together and that’s not so easy to find here. The time also isn’t trivial. Then you need the army of content providers to give fresh content. Who’s gonna pay for that?

Taiwanfun could be it… but their site has a terrible layout, the result of a poorly thought out web strategy.

Hmmm… :ponder:[/quote]

First thing always asked that shoots down any good thing

It can be done…It will take time, energy, resources and yes, creative miinds. But i’m up for the task if anyone else is…

Germans do have a sense of humor!

:bravo: :laughing: :bravo: :laughing: