Smartphone Shipments Have Collapsed in Largest-Ever Decline

It’s not like you need a new phone every three months. Manufacturers have taken it too far with their phone releases.

3 Likes

There is no chance people will pay more for them either.

1 Like

Manufacturers should learn to reduce prices. Apple is too profitable

2 Likes

They will reduce price when they have to I guess.

Tesla reduced their prices massively, will be interesting to see if it pays off for them.
They own their own factories so want to keep the utilisation rate high.

2 Likes

It is truly disgusting. the companies, of course, just test the waters and push until there is push back. Frankly, we should have pushed back by needing to update within 5 years…not months. the trash they are selling really should be illegal, if anything as a waste issue. I dont mean wanting higher speeds etc. I mean the machines are literally physically shit.

I gave up years ago. a new phone breaks in a year or 2. costs thousands to fix, the narrative is buy new by every single place. so I just get second hand crap which also lasts 1 to 2 years and with the added bonus of not exporting cash to china and not directly causing more manufacturing waste. though it kinda still is. f*ck those assholes! Gross beyond gross.

2 Likes

Not a surprise if you realize that all the massive government stimulus of 2020 and 2021 just pulled forward purchases from 2022 and 2023. It’s going to be a global stagflationary recession at best.

1 Like