SMS to the wrong person....whoops!

What’s your worst SMS story.

you know how your fingers can sometimes go faster than your brain and you are telling yourself “whoa, it’d be a disaster to send this SMS to that person,” and before you know it, you just did…

I’ve had a few faux pas, sending messages destined for the SO to a mate instead :blush:

A friend was telling me how she was in a apartment with 2 others, and was SMSing to one of her room mates in great deal how much she despised the other one. Yes, she sent it to the wrong room mate, and subsequently all hell broke loose when she got home. :smiling_imp:

So any others?

Actually I don’t have any - thank Christ - but this might be worth a few laughs on the topic. Example:[quote] I accidentally sent a photo of my erect cock to my mate’s hotmail address. 3 times.
It’s an easy enough mistake to make… I had bought a new phone and wanted to transfer picture from the old one to it. I couldn’t use bluetooth or infrared so I tried to send them as multimedia messages instead. I had the photo because I’d seen my girlfriend over the weekend and she had been taking risqu

I wouldn’t send anything too embarassing, except disgustingly sweet smoochies to my babe, and I have her phone number intentionally input multiple times, so even if I hit the arrow button one too many or too few, it will still land on her number. Reminds me of the concert pianist who had to hit one ultra high key out of the blue, and didn’t want to miss it, so he had the top dozen keys all tuned to the same note :laughing:

How many people keep a picture of their erect penis on their telephone? Of course it might be a good idea to keep a picture in case there may come a day when you forget what it looked like, but on your cell phone?

[quote=“Richardm”]How many people keep a picture of their erect penis on their telephone?[/quote]I do, it comes in handy whenever I want to show it to someone, especially when I’m on the phone. Also works as an anti-theft device, who’s going to want to use it with your willy in their ear ?

Hey Truant,

Funny that thread about SMS’s you started, becuase last night I finally plucked up the courage to tell my wife about our secret gay love affair, and I came that close to sending it to your wife by mistake!!!

Ooops, that was supposed to be a PM :blush:

Gosh, and I thought that rustling was the leaves up in Neiwan!

Ok, my SM story…

shoot, that’s another thread…

I’ll just head on over to the dating and relationships forum :blush:

Mine’s fairly boring. I send an SMS from Taiwan to one of my sisters in London but the number was wrong. I think I asked her how unemployment was suiting her. I was surprised when I received a friendly two sentence message in reply.

[quote=“Bu Lai En”]Hey Truant,

Funny that thread about SMS’s you started, becuase last night I finally plucked up the courage to tell my wife about our secret gay love affair, and I came that close to sending it to your wife by mistake!!![/quote]

Actually, considering our tents were so close together at Neiwan, that’s not funny. :astonished:

Not wrong person, but just to test in the “old country”.
We decided to check how SMS would work if I sent a SMS from my Taiwan FAT account to my sister when being back there. It worked like nothing else - it took a couple of hours, but then she got the same SMS from me 53 times, even if she turned off the phone, diabled the battery and SIM card, when back in place, the SMS’s just kept pouring in.

Imagine doing that to your …

I don’t know about anyone else, but I’ve found that SMS + booze = serious trouble. Nothing like waking up hungover Sunday morning and finding several messages from pissed-off ex’s and confused friends.

I’ve always managed to turn my phone off before the message gets delivered. Its a bitch having to write it all over again, especially if it was a long one…

teggs

A slightly childish, but funny joke you can play on your mates is to switch numbers on their cellphone. Hardly anyone looks at the number, just the name, when they send a message. So, if you swap your number for his girlfriend/wife’s number when he was to send some smootchie shit to his bird it’ll go to your phone instead.

Works especially best after a big night out, when he’s got some grovelling to do!

I oh so know that feeling…

One dreadful Sunday in particular a message from a quite platonic foreign female friend wanting to know why I was propositioning her at 4:30 in the morning… She actually seemed quite keen and it took a great deal of explaining to get out of that one… :blush:

I don’t drink more than a few, but if I do drink a few beers, I sleep walk. I also, sleep, not SMS, but sleep phone old girlfriends cell phone numbers. Erm, happened once not long after I was married… I was just lucky that the number I called the number that my wife had when we first started dating… wheeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww!

She found out because I saw some strange number on my phone and asked her why she used my phone in the middle of the night. It was me… ooops… I also turned on my electric toothbrush too.

I probably post here in my sleep too.

Looks like Samsung is going to come up with a solution (maybe they read this thread):

“The sender’s mobile phone transmits a delete request message to the receiver’s mobile phone, requesting deletion of the short message. The receiver’s mobile phone searches for the short message in response to the delete request message and deletes the short message from a storage area.”

[quote=“Bassman”]I don’t drink more than a few, but if I do drink a few beers, I sleep walk. I also, sleep, not SMS, but sleep phone old girlfriends cell phone numbers. Erm, happened once not long after I was married… I was just lucky that the number I called the number that my wife had when we first started dating… wheeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww!

She found out because I saw some strange number on my phone and asked her why she used my phone in the middle of the night. It was me… ooops… I also turned on my electric toothbrush too.

I probably post here in my sleep too.[/quote]

How would we know the difference?? :smiling_imp:

[quote=“hypermegaglobal”]Looks like Samsung is going to come up with a solution (maybe they read this thread):

“The sender’s mobile phone transmits a delete request message to the receiver’s mobile phone, requesting deletion of the short message. The receiver’s mobile phone searches for the short message in response to the delete request message and deletes the short message from a storage area.”[/quote]

nice software and a nice patent that will probably pay off
the problem is just that you that you still dont know if the sms has already been read