Snake alley loses another snake store.....Good riddance I say

Originally the idea was that the snake blood and bile from skinned alive snakes was drank before customers would visit the caged slave girls down the side streets that’s the connection. It was also drank by women supposedly to improve their complexion.

Eh not the last one. Unfortunately, one is still standing…right across from this one.

Legwork.

1 Like

Word sorcery it seems…the article said last “snake only” restaurant.

The cobra snake meal and bile and blood and other things, if your body is not adjusted, could make you feel dizzy for two days.

Tourist

1 Like

For the tourists.

this is a thing?

Was, yes.
Old boss visited Taiwan in the 80s , first thing he mentioned to me about Taiwan.

https://www.ucanews.com/story-archive/?post_name=/1987/01/21/31-taiwan-groups-demonstrate-against-prostitution-of-young-tribal-women&post_id=34907

4 Likes

WOw I’m shocked. Never knew this.

On my first trip here, some guys took me through there. Most of the girls tried to grab your clothes and shouted stuff. I still remember the face on one woman though. Lost

I remember back then the going rate at those brothels was NT$300. Inflation is a bitch.

They didn’t take westerners, locals only for reasons I cannot mention on a Family Friendly forum

Is that the excuse they gave you? :grin:

3 Likes

wow a link to what I actually witnessed and someone on this forum was insinuating I was lying about this as I had no links. The “cages” were still there five years ago but empty, however they were removed recently. There was a lot of rooster fighting near there too, and even a chained up orangutan they would bash over the head with a steel pipe when it didn’t do tricks.

no comment LOL

??? Can you elaborate?

OK

They were converted rooms, which had thick red bars inside. They weren’t like dog cages, but more like holding cells, or old school jails that you might see in a western movie. Each one had anywhere from around five to twenty girls inside. If a tourist took out a camera they’d be either warned, have the camera taken off them or beaten up. One North European human rights journalist was extremely badly beaten up and was placed in intensive care (Dutch I think). My memory is not clear this was about 30 years ago.