Snakes!

Maybe he will cut the snakes up with his purple lightsaber or use it to open some windows

On my doorstep last night.

3 Likes

Handsome guy!
Didn’t your dogs want to play with it?

Bad night on the road for Bamboo Vipers.

Six KIA!

“Help me Harry!” “I’m coming Lloyd, I’ll save you!”

SPLAT - SPLAT

Actually, we were headed out for a late dinner. We opened the main door and there it was under the entryway trying to get out of the rain.

The wife: “Stop fucking around with the snake and let’s go out for dinner!”

1 Like

Daytime Bamboo Viper

I received an emergency call from a neighbor that there was a snake in her yard at 13:30. I asked if it was black, because I assumed it was a cobra. I was surprised when she told me green. I further assumed that it was probably a non-venomous green tree snake. NOT!

4 Likes

In the end, all is well, right?
Right?!
RIGHT?!

1 Like

My wife saw one of those recently, in the crook of a tree. I saw what I think was either a Habu or a 100 pacer last week. Before this we hadn’t seen a poisonous snake in a few years. Hoping you got those photos with a telephoto?

Those guys, while venomous, aren’t very dangerous. They’ll sit in a tree for days on end without moving. For them to attack they’d have to be cornered and agitated.

2 Likes

Beautiful creatures, those bamboo vipers

1 Like

Well… these are like machines triggered by proximity sensors… will bite anything that gets too close.

1 Like

Actually my iPhone 6s+ and I was right up in his/her/thems face. No problem. They aren’t terribly dangerous. You won’t see me do that with a cobra or a krait, though.

No, me either.

1 Like

Cat Snake Rescue (大頭蛇)!

So, the same neighbor who had the Bamboo Viper earlier today, gives me a call at 16:00 and says that she’s got another snake in her yard! Shit you not! I asked what color it was and I was hoping for a cobra this time, but nope, she said that it was brown with spots. Snake hook in tow and off I went to rescue another beautiful specimen. The Cat Snake was wedged between her security bars on her sliding glass door and her irrigation water tank. Same iPhone 6s+ for these pictures and the video as well. If I had a good camera, I could take much better pictures. Lighting sucked bad. Sorry about that.

Special thanks to @mad_masala for proper identification.

Cat Snake - Courtesy of Snakes of Taiwan

3 Likes

Amazing how thin the neck is compared to the head

1 Like

Where do you release them when you find them? The one I saw was in a ditch, so I just left it be, but I’ve heard rustling before off to the side of a path I walk. Is there even an animal control for snakes, or is it all deal with it yourself?

Alright, that’s not a Habu. That’s a cat snake. I understand the mistake but you can really tell them apart by looking at body shape, pattern and head.

No offense, but reading you what you said about the viper and wrongly identifying a couple of snakes I would say that you are overconfident. If you like your fingers and hands, trust me, don’t trust them.

One of the things that tells you that that’s a cat snake. That and the eyes. These are very slender boigas!

Damn, I’m jealous… I haven’t seen a snake in months :frowning:

Nice. I was thrown off by the dark color. I thought that the Cat Snake was much lighter in color. However, the head, eyes and body tell the truth.

Thanks for the education. I’ll edit my post.