Snow Boarding

Hey guys,

I know this may be a bit of a long shot, but are there any snow boarding centers (of course indoor) in Taipei? I’m particularly interested in those large freezer-type ones which basically have artificial snow/ice and not the types that just bristly white carpet :slight_smile:

I visited a pretty cool one in Shenzhen and was wondering if there was anywhere similar here…

Also, where do Taiwanese snow boards typically (and most cheaply) go for snow boarding? Is it South Korea? Any recommendations for places you’ve been?

I’m not a pro by any means, but I’d like to start doing it more often if at all possible…

Cheers,

Alex

no snow in a box here, soorry.

as for cheap snowboarding: Korea is not really that much cheaper than japan these days, and the resorts are not as big or as nice or as uncrowded (if you go at the right time, avoid new years day) and the food and apres is much more limited in Korea. plus, there’s always 20 feet of powder in Hokkaido, so why go anywhere else?

Great thanks for the info!

So does Hokkaido have snow all year round or would it just be winter months?

Cheers,

Alex

ah, that’d be winter. cold, dry winter. december to march, just like in canada.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hokkaido

Just the winter months from Dec. to April.
I skied at Hokkaido a couple of times over the past 3 years. Definitely worth a visit if you’re a skier/boarder living in Taiwan. Hop on the plane and you’re at the resort in 4 hours and can still get some night skiing in after you check in slopeside. :sunglasses:

Cheers for the advice guys, any particular ideally cheap resorts (hotels or chalets) you’d recommend from your experience? Any you’d want to stay away from?

Which airport/airline is the best for getting their? I assume JAL to the main Hokkaido (WKJ) airport?

Cheers,

Alex

Alex,
Read the link I provided.