So bought a house and

…and wife says it is too lonely and no shops and streets so wide and probably hates the clean air coming from the sea , so …

she sleeps at her mum during weekends …

… well leaves a lot of time for videos and beer …

Dunno what shall I do with all those empty white rooms. Play chess on the tiles?

I try some board game with sinking chairs instead of ships…

Or what about a crossword game, at least the tiles are white… :help:

Where in Taoyuan are you?
Lets get all the Taoyuaners together and party hard at your house this weekend. :smiley:

[quote=“bob_honest”]
Dunno what shall I do with all those empty white rooms. [/quote]
Fill 'em with as many bitches as you can afford to keep around. [color=olive]
The more dogs I have around, the less lonely I feel. I’m sure Stray Dog and Bobepine can help you adopt as many as you like.
[/color]

Oh yes.

Getting the missus back into the house. That’s a tough one, I have been there, and the only resolution was to tell her to get out for good.

What you can do is that you can talk to her mother, and tell her that you are dissaisfied with her daughter. If you could get your parents to call on the mother, it would work even better, as what she’s doing is flatly against any social more here. (Heck, you can even go to the police, report her missing from the home, and have a judge ordering her to stay at your home).

I would invite all the friends over, have a huge party, making a mess out of the place, and then ccall the missus and ask her to come and clean.

Perhaps a springling of used comdoms in the corners would be helpful too.

I know, I know , pick me, pick me.

Its actually perfect you can do B&B for Forumosans at weekends. I have never been to Taoyuan and would happily pay like US$5 a night for a clean bed and lits of white space near the sea.

Book me in for the 3rd week of September, there’ll be two of us…erm you’ll need a name? Mr & Mrs Smith.

:laughing:

You poor bastard. Taoyuan. Taoyuan!!! I’ve just escaped, and only intend to go back for my bike.

Paint murals on the walls?
Start a garden? Got any land? Could you do anything decent on the roof? Make use of that clean air to purge all the crap in your lungs, get in shape…

No idea what to do with the wife. Do your own thing, I suppose, and let her come back on her own. Yikes.

Hmmm…so all I have to do is buy another house and the Mrs. will spend more time away…hmmmm…

[quote=“bob_honest”]…and wife says it is too lonely and no shops and streets so wide and probably hates the clean air coming from the sea , so …
[/quote]

You could always park a moped in a room and leave it running so it leaves plenty of filthy stuff in the air to make her feel at home.

[quote=“golfmade”][quote=“bob_honest”]…and wife says it is too lonely and no shops and streets so wide and probably hates the clean air coming from the sea , so …
[/quote]

You could always park a moped in a room and leave it running so it leaves plenty of filthy stuff in the air to make her feel at home.[/quote]

Yeah, something in that fashion.

I am not really a brainer. She had those symptoms in Germany, too much space and getting afraid of it. Now in Taoyuan it is the same.

I should have known.

I thought having her mum 30km away and having a filthy main road within 800m would ease the culture shock, but …

[quote=“bob_honest”]
I thought having her mum 30km away and having a filthy main road within 800m would ease the culture shock, but …[/quote]

you’ve found your own answer. move her mum in with you guys - problems solved :smiling_imp: :blush: :smiling_imp:

[quote=“xtrain”][quote=“bob_honest”]
I thought having her mum 30km away and having a filthy main road within 800m would ease the culture shock, but …[/quote]

you’ve found your own answer. move her mum in with you guys - problems solved :smiling_imp: :blush: :smiling_imp:[/quote]

:noway:

Well, your missus does not have it from strangers, so you will just double your problem.

Now, honestly I have this little piece of information for you: If you were a Taiwanese bloke, her not being at home (your home) would just not be on. Your dad would call her mom, asking her to send his daughter in law back NOW - or a refund of the reverse dowry would be in order.

If that did not work, a bit of pressure on the lizhang in your in-law’s neighborhood would also help, adding in calling on the local police claiming that she left, just for good measure.

And, that’s not a western thing, but she would most likely get a bollocking at one stage as well.

Remember that this is a vertical society, and the wife is supposed to respect and take her cue from her husband and his parents.

Apart from that I would buy a ton of beer and invite all the friends over. making it into a bar of sorts with young nubile xiaojie’s in attendance.

Where is your new house located?

Go and buy lets say at least 50 chairs and a blackboard, maybe a projector and such stuff and than start you trainingscenter for husbands who want to get rid of their misses for the weekends.
You will be one of the riches guys in Taiwan within no time. (and the one with the most hong2 bao1s from the real estate mafia here ;-).

Oh, and that’s 10% for me for the business idea. :smiley:

i’d bet they convinced you into buying that place, did they? typical…
now, i dont know you but i were you, i’d feel dupped and i’d very seriously think twice about spending the rest of my life with this person.
put it that way, when/if you guys have kids, will she have the same behavior?! maybe under another pretext? if it is what she is suffering from, you might want to check bipolar disorder on the net…

I think you two should be on the same page when making such an important decision as buying a new house. If you decided together to buy the house, you should live there together. If it was your own decision, and she objected, you can’t blame her for not living there.

But whatever the reason, instead of playing with your floor, I would deeply ponder the question whether you two have other issues, and the house is just a welcome excuse for your wife to spend time away from you.

[quote=“hannes”]I think you two should be on the same page when making such an important decision as buying a new house. If you decided together to buy the house, you should live there together. If it was your own decision, and she objected, you can’t blame her for not living there.

But whatever the reason, instead of playing with your floor, I would deeply ponder the question whether you two have other issues, and the house is just a welcome excuse for your wife to spend time away from you.[/quote]

I tend to agree here. If my wife and I were to buy a house, you can sure as hell bet my wife will have to say “I love it!!!” before i even consider thinking about looking at it a second time, let alone buying. That’s all done now, though. I guess it’s really a matter of if you miss your wife on the weekends or not. If you don’t, looks like you got a good thing going. If you do, ask her to come home. If she doesn’t, I hear there’s some good divorce threads on this forum. Plenty of women on this island who will love simply for owning a house and having a job.

Good luck, mate.

[quote=“golfmade”][quote=“bob_honest”]…and wife says it is too lonely and no shops and streets so wide and probably hates the clean air coming from the sea , so …
[/quote]

You could always park a moped in a room and leave it running so it leaves plenty of filthy stuff in the air to make her feel at home.[/quote]

Yeah, something in that fashion.

I am not really a brainer. She had those symptoms in Germany, too much space and getting afraid of it. Now in Taoyuan it is the same.

I should have known.

I thought having her mum 30km away and having a filthy main road within 800m would ease the culture shock, but …

i think i know where you moved to bob_h, from the pic in your blog. my brother-in-law was going to move there, but it was “too far” from taipei for his fiancees’ parents.

(however, they are allowed to live in the squalor known as nei li, which is 20 minutes closer.)

[quote=“Mr He”][quote=“xtrain”][quote=“bob_honest”]

you’ve found your own answer. move her mum in with you guys - problems solved :smiling_imp: :blush: :smiling_imp:[/quote]

:noway:

Well, your missus does not have it from strangers, so you will just double your problem.

Now, honestly I have this little piece of information for you: If you were a Taiwanese bloke, her not being at home (your home) would just not be on. Your dad would call her mom, asking her to send his daughter in law back NOW - or a refund of the reverse dowry would be in order.

If that did not work, a bit of pressure on the lizhang in your in-law’s neighborhood would also help, adding in calling on the local police claiming that she left, just for good measure.

And, that’s not a western thing, but she would most likely get a bollocking at one stage as well.

Remember that this is a vertical society, and the wife is supposed to respect and take her cue from her husband and his parents.

[/quote]

Not much of a romantic?

you should multiply

Haha, SHE wanted a house. SHE wanted to buy this one. :smiley:

But I start to get used to being alone there, beer, videos, computer games… :smiley:

At least my life is funny, even if quite chaotic.

New rule to choose a location in the future:

“mum within calling distance: OK”.
Otherwise: not OK, as her hysteric screams will distract me from taking a shower. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, where are you …aaaaaaaaaaaaah

It is close to Jhungli BTW.