So bought a house and

How come you did not move up on the hill or over at Mingshah’s area.

You will find plenty of co-sufferers in those places.

Being a lone foreigner in some nondescript development with the missus staying with her parents. Not good.

you’re not far from the hilly enclave though. easy enough to visit.

we might be moving back to chung li to get more help with the boy when we have to work. we considered out where you are as well, but are looking closer to the MIL’s place for convenience.

Yup, should find some other foreigners here. WIll make another attempt soon :laughing:

I did not move to Minghsa’s Longtan area, because I was scared of the fungus stuff, as this once had moved from my filthy NeiHu apartment wall to my skin or so. Has itched for month.

Damned, even a Pizza funghi is scaring me away these days…

Well, I thought I had escaped the noise by moving into a new house, readily build in quiet green with pond and nature.

Update:

1. Pond is a garbage collection area for the farmer.

2. It has a swan. Swimming head down in the water. Had no idea maggots (the white worms eating flesh, right?) could actually swim.

3, Well, I have a deaf Taiwanese family as neighbours now. They must be deaf, because they speak so loud you can hear the earth vibrating and they tested how loud the stereo gets on Sunday. With the windows wide open, otherwise it would spoil the fun.

1. I thought I escaped from reconstruction noise in NeiHu, but here is what a neighbour does to his house in our row. It once looked the same (besides not having windows and the colored deco tiles)… so he removed roof, the whole front wall and balconies. Would not surprise me if it crashes down soon …

Anyone wants to buy a house in Jhongl ??? :astonished:

what a mess have you got yourself into? :blush:

Look on the bright side Bob. Maybe now your neighborhood will be more attractive/familiar to your wife and she’ll come back.

You asked for it.

Honestly.

[quote=“bob_honest”]
Anyone wants to buy a house in Jhongl ??? :astonished:[/quote]Nothing that can’t be solved with the intelligent application of explosives.

yeah, she really says the neighbours are soooo nice, haha

[quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“bob_honest”]
Anyone wants to buy a house in Jhongl ??? :astonished:[/quote]Nothing that can’t be solved with the intelligent application of explosives.[/quote]

You knowingly and willingly bought a house in Chungli proper? OMG. :astonished:

[quote=“MJB”][quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“bob_honest”]
Anyone wants to buy a house in Jhongl ??? :astonished:[/quote]Nothing that can’t be solved with the intelligent application of explosives.[/quote]

You knowingly and willingly bought a house in Chungli (Zhongli) proper? OMG. :astonished:[/quote]

Well this Jonghli thing was really nice. I mean the first weeks before the locals started to move in were really quiet. I also enjoyed the pond with the swan.

The first weeks I did not notice he is dead. Though I was wondering, why he keeps his head so long in the water…

bob_honest, I just love your posts… you rock man. If you’re in Taipei, let me please buy you a drink or two.

I’m surprised nobody has thought of the obvious solution to get the wife back in the house: give her a remodeling budget. You’ll end up with a table saw in your living room for a few months but at least she’ll be there to supervise things every day. She’ll also completely change the design every couple of days, so the remodeling could stretch out for quite a while.

I would just order her back in.

I mean it - that a married couple does not live together is odd in the extreme. Perhaps get a lawyer and then send her some nasty letters from said lawyer, IE leaving the family etc. That would do the trick.

She goes every weekend? Just one night away?

Aaaaaaarg, now she stays on Saturdays. I hate that, now that I finally re-adopted my Single lifestyle. How is one to fulfill a LOST marathon or Star Trek Marathon mixing TOS, DS9 and VOY episodes with a few downloaded “hot pants in the Fuhrerbunker” episodes, if this wife thing is strolling around all day. And yes, I did not clean the kitchen, because I prefer messing it up with ice cream and beer cans. Ups, we get bugs from that? Well, I am in 3rd floor, the kitchen is first floor…

If I ever buy a house here It will be atleast 500m away from the closest 7-11.

I like to sitt outside in my boxers drinking tea in the mornig without people seing it.

If you can make those neighbors move away I would talk to my GF if you would consider selling.