So I decided to finally apply for my scoot license

I did the scooter test in 1997, the written and driving test. You have to be pretty incompetent not to pass. However, I’ve heard the car driving test is a killer. You have to demonstrate that you are able to drive wrecklessly in order to pass.

When took my “English” written test I actually had an answer read to me by the computer backwards! I asked the lady to please translate it for me. Her reply was “Isn’t this English?” I said no and after denying it was Taiwanese I was allowed to have my wife come in and translate the written Chinese for me.

How hard is it for these morons to a) produce an English tape with decent audio quality that doesn’t crackle, skip words, or play backwards, b)find a Taiwanese who speaks passable English with any recognizable accent and c) write a goddamned test in English! I would think it would be easier to design a written English test, as opposed to poorly concocted verbal one. I haven’t met one waiguo who’s passed the written part in one go. It took me 2.

Not politically correct, but out of curiosity, have any foreigners been fined for driving without a TW license ? and those with licenses have you been fined for the usual right-turn at a red light which the cops catch everyone at ?

Is the ‘wo ting bu dong’ and pulling the reg details of the scoot when asked for your license still sufficient for the cops here to wave you on thinking “it’s too much red tape, paper work and hassle to deal” and most importantly “why am I wasting time with this fool when I can be earning my bonus/filling my quota from all these other scoots zipping by”

Tpetourist

I been fined for turning left from the non-bike lane. Two friends of mine have been fined for not having a tw licence.