So I’ve been COVID pinged… and I’m symptomatic

Wife’s not received it or my daughter.

Yes, if they ask

If you and one of the sisters are the only ones who get it. Covid will be the least of your worries.

3 Likes

I would consider it common sense to seek medical help if one shows symptoms regardless of possible contacts, but it appears the government thinks people need reminding.

2 Likes

or covering their ass

2 Likes

1 for $350 at the 7-11 near me.
Not “several” hundred.

1 Like

Don’t they flip out when people buying these test?

I would lol

I’m confused. Wouldn’t several hundred be the 200-400 dollar range? Seems like an accurate guess to me.

3 Likes

I usually call 3 and 4 ‘a few’

1 Like

Hope you’re okay. It might make you feel better to know that sneezing isn’t really a COVID symptom.

“Several” means “more than two but not many” - it’s the correct word.

I wrote it that way because I think the price varies slightly between tests/convenience stores, and some exact prices are in any case provided in the article I linked.

Also fine…but no more specific than “several”. :grin:

1 Like

I had a student who said that several means seven. He was like are you crazy? They are nearly spelled the same.

2 Likes

It is. It says search for a community TESTING station.

For example, here in Xindian you have tents outside TzuChi and Cardinal Tien hospitals. So major hospitals are a good bet.

I think the New Taipei health/safety app - the one that showed where the ambulances and fires are ongoing- has the testing locations as well.

They have set up several in Taoyuan as source of outbreak.

1 Like

Have fun getting your brain stabbed by nurses that want to inflict pain on everyone! (I’m going to hide out in my room for the next few years to avoid getting one of those ever again)

4 Likes

Only if you wear a chin diaper and cough on them.

Practice makes perfect. They be more skilled soon …

After already doing hundreds a day? I don’t think so. They’re doing it on purpose. They shove that probe up there as hard as they can and give it a good scrape around. Last time it happened I gave the nurse/technician an earful. No excuse for it.

They also seem to use very large swabs instead of the thin, flexible types designed for the purpose. Since other less-invasive tests are now available with similar (possibly better) clinical validity than nose/throat swabs + PCR, it seems obvious to me that inflicting discomfort and humiliation is one of the goals of testing.

6 Likes

Maybe they make it as uncomfortable as possible to deter people from going to get tested for fun.

1 Like

So I finally got through to the CDC 1922 and they told me I don’t need an appointment since I got the text and have symptoms but all the hospital sites still say I do. They told me to just go to the hospital to see a doctor and the doctor will decide if I need a test, which seems pretty irresponsible. I tried calling the hospitals to confirm but no answer since it’s Sunday.

5 Likes