So She Says “I’m Married” While Giving Me Her Contact Info

I was “asked out” by a female immigration agent. Quite a pickle. She said we could enjoy her (and her husband’s) cabin, near a hot spring, and her husband would be taking care of the kids :grimacing: while we enjoyed ourselves… I was in the process of transitioning from a work to study visa. I played along until the visa was granted. Then, blocked her number (this was 15+ years ago, before LINE). I still feel like I’ve dodged a bullet. That being said, no similar offers in recent years :sweat:.

5 Likes

You could’ve gotten a gold card out of that! Swing and a miss!

6 Likes

Haha! Well, that true story is from the pre-fancy pants gold card era. More like a guilt card (and maybe being stabbed by a jealous husband to boot).

3 Likes

Heh, I also met an immigration agent on a dating app back in the day which led to a first date at a hot springs hotel. Saw her working the counter at NIA a few weeks later and went to say hi. Her face couldn’t have been any more red and she pretended she had never met me before. The guy she was helping gave me the bro nod and a big knowing smile.

3 Likes

Be careful—she could put you in the Black Book. :laughing:

1 Like

I dunno. I think it’s kind of shit to sleep with married people. You’re contributing to the wrecking of a home. I don’t care much about the unhappy couple, but if they have children, if the infidelity is uncovered or leads to divorce it really does a number on the kids’ mental health.

9 Likes

Some people have an open arrangement

Some people are going to do it anyways, if not with this person than that one

I’d never chase a married person, have never knowingly slept with a married person, and once passed on a childless married person because I didn’t want problems (she was such a cutie, too).

But there are circumstances where I might be open to it

1 Like

I realize “entanglements” happen as the star of G.I. Jane 2 put it, but @tango42 being turned on by someone telling him they’re married is a bit much.

2 Likes

She is just wanting a “freebie” instead of paying for a gigolo. A long time ago at a dorm (International House) an Italian gigolo lived there. Phone calls for residents were sent up to second floor phone near the stairs and common area. His typical phone calls were “Oh, I see. What time will he be gone? What time should I arrive? Usual place? Okay. See you.”

1 Like

This wasn’t in Tainan by chance? Well, this agent is probably retired (and divorced) by now.

Also, I agree with @DrewC, in that the home-wrecking aspect COMPLETELY turned me off.

2 Likes

Got lucky moons ago at a hotel in ktown
Ended up with the waitress from the basement cafe

She was so distressed when I said I was married
I definitely was not, just playing to see her reaction

She was very firm in not messing with someone’s husband

I reassured her I was joking as I def was not married then

She got fired because staff can’t sleep with guests

She knew that but she said she was quitting anyways

Nice girl she didn’t want a relationship
Just wanted to have some fun

1 Like