So some parent complained that I chew gum in my class

Honestly, I would just comply verbally but keep chewing on the down low. The main upside to masks for me is that now I can chew gum again on the mrt. If they don’t see you put the gum in your mouth it’s probably not a problem. People here don’t like it and you’re not going to change the culture (even though they might have fresher breath and fewer cavities if they allowed it).

3 Likes

https://tw.forumosa.com/t/from-circumcision/197666/27?u=rocket

1 Like

I think before you get the bullet, you should at least have some fun with this. Maybe hand out bubble gum to all the kids at around pick up time?

2 Likes

Along with cigarettes?

1 Like

I’m old enough to remember bubblegum cigarettes! Best of both worlds.

2 Likes

A real paragon of professionalism!
Now you just need to work on your grammar to reach your final form!

1 Like

This.

I had a coworker say that the way I open my sandwich from 7/11 is wrong and I should stop doing it. Then I was spoken to by the boss about the issue. So I continued to open the sandwich the same way and I haven’t heard anything about it since.

The culture here is to try and take the agency from people so they become compliant. Just don’t and do your thing.

It’s when you fight back issues arise. Listen to to them talk and argue. They just talk louder and louder over each other until they begin to yell. Boring. No real discourse on issue here so the same old same old keeps happening.

I was just reminded of an other story about how I use scissors. That was an issue to. :joy:

9 Likes

Wow, that’s pretty over the top…even for Taiwan.

5 Likes

11 Likes

Just out of curiosity, how do you open your sandwich? :thinking:

3 Likes

The wrong way.

2 Likes

The tab on the back.

So you don’t just gnaw through the plastic on the front like everyone else? Yeah, that is weird. You should change your behavior.

1 Like

Solution: Stop that lousy smoking, then you’ll not need to chew gum. You’ll smell better, your health will improve, but most importantly, you’ll meet the expectations of your Taiwanese overlords!

5 Likes

Just tell them it’s coka leaves you are chewing on.
Problem solved!

With a chain-saw.

I have a hunch it’s nether the boss nor the coworker who should seek some professional help!

1 Like

Not even one smoke before work? C’mon man, lighten up!

Quit chewing but start farting loudly and say you’re 100 percent a-bian taike

2 Likes