So...What Have Your Students Been Teaching You?

I just got a thought. Thinking about things. You know like people do. I think.

Anyways I got to thinking…I’m a teacher, but have I learned something from these kids?

I’m sure it’s different for everyone but in my case I think that in a way, I’ve learned more from them than I can ever teach them. I had not interacted with children very much before coming to Taiwan.

How about you?

bobepine

Nice topic, hats off. What’s little Kevin Spacey got in his bag?

My kids teach me…

1. There is no such thing as boredom.
  2. It’s great discovering new things.
  3. 15 year olds tire in the sun!
  4. The word “suck” can be inserted anywhere into any sentence.
  5. You don’t need to be drunk to have fun.
  6. Taking the piss out of people is ageless and universal.
  7. Bugs are cool.
  8. Basketball is a sport, apparently.
  9. Your shoes DONT NEED to fit your feet. Get the biggest pair possible.
  10. Hair styles aren’t that important.
  11. Even nerds have fun.

That it’s embrassing to have a black teacher :iduno: :s

Oh give us a break will you. Edit that tripe out and write something funny or heartwarming and forget about your colour for 5 mins will you?

Oh give us a break will you. Edit that tripe out and write something funny or heartwarming and forget about your colour for 5 mins will you?[/quote]

1)My kids teach me that a job in dentistry would be easier than getting them to have a conversation.
2)That it’s not my time yet to have children.
3)That if you can get them to see their own potiental then that’s the reward for your teaching.
4)Let it go and let it flow
5)That you must play everyday
6)That cartoons and video games are what life is really about.
7)Remind me of how good it used to be to just be free without a care in the world.

How’s that for funny/heartwarming.

Namasalty:D

My students have also taught me so much. There isn’t a day that goes when I don’t say “Wow, I didn’t know that.” here are just a few;

1, kids are far smarter than we are
2, they’ll give you sweeties without any motive
3, they like being kept busy - if the teacher doesn’t do it they’ll find their own way.
4, they maybe noisy - but hell, they can be fun too.
5, Asked to name the continents the other day, they did it in five seconds - without opening their books!

L.

Oh give us a break will you. Edit that tripe out and write something funny or heartwarming and forget about your colour for 5 mins will you?[/quote]

1)My kids teach me that a job in dentistry would be easier than getting them to have a conversation.
2)That it’s not my time yet to have children.
3)That if you can get them to see their own potiental then that’s the reward for your teaching.
4)Let it go and let it flow
5)That you must play everyday
6)That cartoons and video games are what life is really about.
7)Remind me of how good it used to be to just be free without a care in the world.

How’s that for funny/heartwarming.

Namasalty:D[/quote]

Thats better! I’m sure life is tough for a young black woman, I just don’t want to hear about it in every thread.

My students taught me that “gay” can almost always be used as a substitute adjective.

Last week I went to this fabulous bar and had a terrific time with some charming friends of mine. After the party we tripped the light fandango and went dancing in a hot night club.

Around 2 am, I was really knackered so one of my dancing buddies and I snuck out for a couple of …

“She’s not gay, she’s a lesbian” perfect pronuncation. Kids are smart!

my 12 year old’s taught me last week that:

• Anpanman has no ears because he is a bread roll.
  • Anpanman’s friends are Currypanman, Shokupanman and Melonpanman
  • Anpanman’s enemy is Baikinman
  • Anpanman doesnt have a girlfriend
  • Anpanman is cooler than Doraemon
  • Anpanman is tasty