So where are all the ex-pats?

Just curious as to where the ex-pats hang out around Taipei… any recommendations for a newb in Taipei? Bars, restaurants, museums, etc. So far, I haven’t really found many ex-pat hang outs.

Look for those places at night with the spinning barber shop poles.
We’re all inside.

Carnegie’s, The Tavern, Brass Monkey, Bliss, Bobwundaye, The Shannon, Alleycat’s Pizza…

Josefus, I love your avatar! It’s so funny! ha ha…

Um, where are these places? Again, kind of new to the city…

Guess what I’m trying to ask is where to meet some foreigners to get a similar perspective on life here. Heard there’s a gathering of Forumosa posters every so ofen?

everyone of those places has at least one thread about them in the restaurants forum - take a look. addy’s will be there too.

there should also be a post about this in events, which will tell you when and where. good luck.

Ok, just feeling out of it… haven’t seen many western faces. Guess I was expecting it to be more of an ex-pat community around here

[quote=“ExPat1234”]Um, where are these places? Again, kind of new to the city…

Guess what I’m trying to ask is where to meet some foreigners to get a similar perspective on life here. Heard there’s a gathering of Forumosa posters every so ofen?[/quote]

Try this link with addresses and telephone numbers for the places in question

forum.taiwansatellite.tv/viewtopic.php?t=39

Shanghai.

(Carnegies, Alleycat’s, Bob’n’Daves (Bobwunday or whatever it’s called))

[quote=“ExPat1234”]Um, where are these places? Again, kind of new to the city…

Guess what I’m trying to ask is where to meet some foreigners to get a similar perspective on life here. Heard there’s a gathering of Forumosa posters every so ofen?[/quote]
Every month there’s the Forumosa Happy Hour. I believe it’s the second Thursday of each month now. Check the Events forum.