Socal style carne asada burrito!

Hey everyone, long time lurker, first time poster.

Anyway, just moved to Chungli recently, one of the thing i miss the most when I was living in SD was Carne Asada burrito full of guacamole goodness. I refuse to believe there isn’t a store selling Carne Asada Burrito anywhere in Taiwan. Can anyone tell me where to find such a place? Thanks a whole lot!!! :bow:

[quote=“sungus”]Hey everyone, long time lurker, first time poster.

Anyway, just moved to Zhongli recently, one of the thing i miss the most when I was living in SD was Carne Asada burrito full of guacamole goodness. I refuse to believe there isn’t a store selling Carne Asada Burrito anywhere in Taiwan. Can anyone tell me where to find such a place? Thanks a whole lot!!! :bow:[/quote]

Hi sungus, and welcome to the posting world! :stuck_out_tongue:

Since you’re in Zhongli, you probably want either Zhongli-area restaurants, or places that will ship frozen. The only place I know of that will ship frozen is Eddy’s Burritos, and I don’t know whether he has the specific style of burrito you mention. You should contact him to ask. Avocados are horrifically expensive in Taiwan, so you won’t find a lot of guacamole here. If you’re interested in how to make your own burritos, please start a thread in the Food forum and we’ll dig up some authentic recipes to try. :smiley:

Hey! Thanks for the quick response! I don’t mind traveling to Taipei area since I do it pretty often anyway. I’ve definitely seen Eddy Burrito in this forum and am planning to visit soon, but you see… Carne Asada Burrito’s actually not an authentic mexican food, it’s more of a southern california thing than anything.

Xin Nien Kuai le!! Nothing better than spending chinese new year thinking about carne asada burrito.

p.s. thanks for moving my posting to the appropriate section, wasn’t sure where to put it myself.

No prob, it’s nice to have an active, lively forum. I’m particularly interested in exploring Mexican cuisine, especially how to make it myself, but also more broadly Latin American, Southwestern U.S. (Mexican-influenced) and Iberian (Spanish and Portuguese) cuisines.

So I gather, having never heard of it despite living in Monterrey, N.L., Mex. five years and visiting Guanajuato, GTO. every couple years (my dad retired to his hometown, Celaya, there). But it’s still worth digging up some recipes and trying it, no? :smiley: I don’t have anything against good fusion food. Texmex/SoCal Mexican is fusion or regional adaptation cuisine, and can be good (or bad) in its own right, even if it’s not authentic Mexican (which similarly can be good, or bad).

:laughing: Nothing better? Really? My imagination is not quite so limited. :howyoudoin:

I find the large ones can make a decent guacamole in a pinch, the problem being getting one that is soft versus rock hard. They aren’t nearly as good as Haas(sp?) avocados but I love guacamole. Those filthy Taiwanese use them in shakes. :raspberry:

Why don’t Taiwanese farmers raise Haas avocados seeing as they are more expensive than the ones they currently sell? I mean if the Kiwis can do it.