Social class

Does anyone feel like there is more of a social class system here than back home? No one has said anything to me, but I can feel it.

Where’s home?

I don’t have Social this semester, sorry, I got Auto Mechanics.

4 Likes

If your home is India or Japan, no.

If your home is Canada or the US, then yes.

5 Likes

I didn’t really think so until I saw the way they treat their SEA caretakers.

6 Likes

Everywhere in Asia. skin color.

https://youtu.be/osaPrAZwWr4

It’s the truth.

I’ve never been to India, but I don’t think social class in Taiwan is comparable to their caste system.

4 Likes

You should contribute to the Cars & Motorcycles forum.

1 Like

That’s what I said. They have people at the bottom rung literally called “untouchables” there.

2 Likes

I’d say it’s definitely a thing. This was essentially a peasant/landowner society not so long ago, and it’s not like there was a communist revolution or anything to wipe out the old ways. But certainly not like a caste system or something, no.

1 Like

You don’t take bus 25 back home?

1 Like

Oh I got it switched around.

I don’t think Taiwanese society is more divided by social class than the United States. It feels pretty similar to me.

Have you been to China? There’s definitely a stronger social class division there.

3 Likes

It’s all about what car you drive and how much money you take home, all else doesn’t really matter. Maybe the price of the whiskey you buy matters too.

1 Like

Like Mexicans?

There is some of that.

Didn’t see any SEA caretakers in Mexico. They do have a pretty rigid class system though.

2 Likes

Two social classes. Those who ride old scooters, and those who ride new scooters.

And 6 billionaires.

6 Likes

Yeah, that’s it

Seriously. Have you seen the way upper class Mexicans treat their indigena housekeepers?