生活•中文群組 Social Group -- In Chinese

我想開一個群組~講中文版。

我在想一定會有很多永久住在台灣的外國人(有白人也包含別的種族)有誰跟我一樣,學到還不錯的程度,但還覺得大部分的人還期待我們應該用英文溝通(尤其是白人外國人),或者在溝通中被忽略及避免和你對話。結果不能擁有正常的日常對話,而這些內容是可以應對的。對我自已來講,跟人聚一聚,不被迫說英語,甚至不去假設我的亞洲朋友們是我的翻譯,感覺就會舒服多了。

所以這個群組的概念很簡單~相遇,互相認識和用中文聊天。群組當然開放對所有的種族、國籍、歲數等等,當然也歡迎台灣人來參加。不過我要求人對中文有足夠的知識,程度夠高可以用中文交談。我建議至少把實用視聽華語的第4本學完(大部分的華語課在台灣用這個系列的書),或者有學習近似同樣程度的詞匯跟文法。

第一次我們可以在咖啡店什麼的見面。聚在一起的時候,我們可以討論給推薦第二次的地點。

隨意對我或對群組問任何你想問的問題。
用中文或英文回應都行。

期待這樣的嘗試,可以遇見其他在台灣生活、工作及學習中文的人!

丹嶼航

有興趣的朋友請在加入Line ID: danjordan 後寄個:我要加入中文群組的訊息。因為無法貼上QR code。我會分別加你入群,謝謝。

I want to start a social outings group – in Chinese.

I’m thinking that there must be a lot of long-term foreigners here (white or otherwise), like me, that have gotten their Chinese proficiency up to a decent level, but still feel most people expect them to speak in English (especially the white foreigners), or are somewhat avoided in conversations. I think for some, although in a Chinese speaking country, the reality seems to be that it’s hard to get the immersion
they know is needed/that they can handle at this point. I know for myself, it would be far more comfortable to meet up with people without having English forced my way, or having every Asian-faced friend seen as being my translator.

So the concept of this group is simple – meet up and hang out in Chinese. The group is of course open to Mandarin speaking Taiwanese people, and anybody else with a decent level of Mandarin. I do have to ask however, that people have a good working knowledge of Chinese and are at a high enough level to be able to have conversations. I’m thinking having at least finished studying Book 4 of the Practical Audio-Visual Chinese textbooks (實用視聽華語4) that most Chinese courses in Taiwan use, or are at an approximately equivalent vocabulary and grammar proficiency level.

For the first time, let’s meet up at a coffee & sandwiches/pie kinda place, and make suggestions for the next meet up.

Ask away with any questions about me or the group. Responding in Chinese and/or English is all okay.

Look forward to giving this a try, and meeting other Chinese studiers living/working/studying here!

丹嶼航
Dān Yǔháng

If interested, add my Line ID: danjordan and just say “I want to join the group” or something like that. I’ll invite on Line that way because I can’t add a QR code here.

2 Likes

I think a lot of schools or maybe just NTU and buxibans are using NTU MTCs ACCC books now. I’m at the end of book 1 in ACCC, so guess I’m not up to the level for this social group. I’ll keep trying maybe I’ll catch up :slight_smile:

I think book 4 of PAVC would be similar to book 2 of ACCC but I’m no expert not even a novice.

I avoid taking it as a reflection of my Chinese ability or outsiderness when people reply to my Chinese with English. In fact I made a conscious decision to always accept the language shift. Almost all switch back to Chinese at some point anyway, and you get credits for being relaxed about using English. Also for full on 100 per cent Chinese Immersion: the kind where you don’t hear a word of English for a month, go to China, and off the beaten path. No two ways about that.

1 Like

So how is your social outings group going?

我總覺得用中文跟其他西方人溝通⋯⋯怪怪的。沒有什麼不可以的,但就是覺得怪。

1 Like

如果其它西方人來自非英語系國家也會很怪嗎?

最近常看到一個日本的 youtuber 在介紹日本方言,他請來的來賓都是現居台灣的日本人,他們在節目裡用中文對談感覺還滿順的。

假如他們真的不會英文的話,當然可以用中文溝通,不過還是會覺得很奇怪⋯⋯在旁邊看到的台灣人就更不用講。:sunglasses: