Soda company fined over contamination of Apple Sidra

No way. It would totally gum up your carburetor.

Doesn’t mean a thing.

1 Like

Oceanic Beverages Co. is prepared to offer you a 2ntd royalty per bottle for your tapeworm idea.

I’m receiving multiple offers, so they may have to up their bid a little.

According to Yang, laboratory tests ordered by the health department found no harmful levels of bacteria in the soda. However, an inspection of the Apple Sidra plant in Taoyuan found that the drink had been contaminated with some substance on the production line due to faulty equipment, he said.

What type of substance is causing these upsets?

Oceanic Beverages Co., a listed company on Taiwan’s stock market, has been fined NT$1 million (US$32,300) for failing to promptly recall the product after receiving complaints from consumers

Doesn’t this seem like an extremely low amount of shekels for a massive company that is literally poisoning their customers with “some substance”

I know it’s not that big of a deal, but I wanna see somebody at Oceanic Beverages get the rope to set an example for the rest of these companies to take food safety seriously…

I buy coffee beans.

just not beer from China

1 Like

people who sampled the contaminated batch described it as tasting like apple cider (the kind with alcohol).

I actually like this drink, there goes that. I only get it a couple times a year though. I guess I’ll have to switch to vitaly…

I always thought there was something really off about the flavor. Didn’t keep me from drinking it now and then though.

Oceanic - Ocean Spray?

I find it delicious. Been drinking it since I was a kid. Nothing bad ever happened.

Well the problems started in July. Hopefully Malaysia has better food safety than Taiwan. :grin:

I don’t think so. The water here makes your hair fall off. Not to mention my constant stomach issues here.

Whhhaaa? What’s in the water?

Idk. The dermatologist confirmed it’s true and recommend I use hair shampoo to prevent hair falling.

1 Like

Water with the wrong pH balance is enough to make some people’s hair fall out.

Could be it. The water in Johor is sanitized in Singapore, it leaves Singapore clean. But it goes through pipes that many have found to possibly contaminated the water by the time it gets to people here.

Make sure you drink plenty of high % alcohol like vodka or whisky to kill the bacteria. I think that’s what got me through Bangladesh without any trouble.

1 Like

Is there truth to this or are you joking? I’m too dumb to google it. Will drinking booze kill stomach bacteria from eating nasty food?

1 Like