Software for chinese characters to cellphone

Hi,

Is there any software I can download to get my LG cellphone to read and write
chinese characters? Or do I need to get me a new cellphone?

if you bought your phone in taiwan, you might just need to mess around with the language settings to get to the chinese characters.

if you bought the phone elsewhere, you might need to go online to see if your phone can use chinese characters. if it’s not installed on the phone already, usually all you need to do is go to the website and download a language pack and install it on your phone.

On my LG phone, even if I set the system to English, I can still receive SMS in Chinese. You should be receiving spam in Chinese all the time, so I don’t know why you say you can’t read Chinese on yours.

Yours presumably isn’t set to type in Chinese. That is, the option to type in Chinese isn’t one of those that it by default toggles through when pressing the lower right button. However, there are two ways to set it to type Chinese.

One is if you set the system to traditional Chinese; then you can also type in that. You probably have nine icons showing if you press the upper left button; the lower left icon is a gear and wrench. Enter it and go to Phone Settings, then to Language settings and choose 繁體中文. However, unless you are very comfortable operating in Chinese, your phone may become difficult to use.

The other is if while entering a text message, you press the upper left button for Options and add a language like Chinese to the “T9 languages”. That choice will still be available the next time you go to type; you don’t have to reset it every time. The lower right button will still toggle you from that to English caps, lower case and numbers, I believe.

BUT either way, you’re only given 筆劃 and bopomofo input options, which really sucks for most foreigners. I didn’t really care about it when I got this one, but I’ll probably research the next phone I get more thoroughly to get one with Hanyu Pinyin input. :smiley:

[quote=“Dragonbones”]On my LG phone, even if I set the system to English, I can still receive SMS in Chinese. You should be receiving spam in Chinese all the time, so I don’t know why you say you can’t read Chinese on yours.

Yours presumably isn’t set to type in Chinese. That is, the option to type in Chinese isn’t one of those that it by default toggles through when pressing the lower right button. However, there are two ways to set it to type Chinese.

One is if you set the system to traditional Chinese; then you can also type in that. You probably have nine icons showing if you press the upper left button; the lower left icon is a gear and wrench. Enter it and go to Phone Settings, then to Language settings and choose 繁體中文. However, unless you are very comfortable operating in Chinese, your phone may become difficult to use.

The other is if while entering a text message, you press the upper left button for Options and add a language like Chinese to the “T9 languages”. That choice will still be available the next time you go to type; you don’t have to reset it every time. The lower right button will still toggle you from that to English caps, lower case and numbers, I believe.

BUT either way, you’re only given 筆劃 and bopomofo input options, which really sucks for most foreigners. I didn’t really care about it when I got this one, but I’ll probably research the next phone I get more thoroughly to get one with Hanyu Pinyin input. :smiley:[/quote]

I see, no I can’t read chinese characters on my phone, looks like this “???” I probably have to buy a phone here in Taiwan… but then I might have trouble finding the swedish letters…

Oh, I see. I bought mine here in Taiwan. I have no idea whether you’ll be able to see and type Swedish and Chinese on the same phone, sorry.

Ah, seems to be impossible to download chinese to an LGphone :cry:

Yeah, I couldn’t get my LG phone pix to download to my PC either. Crappy software, crappy support. Don’t buy one, people!