Software to Convert Simplified to Traditional Characters?

Anyone know of any good software?

You can do it easily with Chinese Microsoft Word.

NJStar Chinese Software

Do be aware that there is not a perfect one-to-one mapping of simplified to traditional characters. For example, the simplified character 后 corresponds to two separate traditional characters: 后 and 後. So after the conversion, you should check the text to ensure that all the appropriate character conversions have been made.

AFAIK Openoffice 2.0 can do it, too, and it’s free!

I use bablepad. It’s simple to use and works OK, although there are a couple of bugs with the font - once you have made the conversion, occassionally you have to select a font specific to that character set. It’s also free.

I’ve been using a free program called HanConvert which i’m very satisfied with. you can download it here

www.users.on.net/~aliceyeung/software.php

here’s a website where you can convert it directly on the website.

www.khngai.com/chinese/tools/convert.php

[quote=“ironphantom”]Does anyone know of any good software for this conversion?

Thank you for your help![/quote]

Uh, I wonder here actually, tradional to simplified is very possible. But isn’t there are risk of mistranslation from simplified to traditional? Giving the fact that they combined some characters and some even got erased. Then again I don’t think its the majority of characters.

I use Wenlin. It’s not free, but it’s a great program. Runs on Windows and Mac.

Yes its great, but I still doubt the translation for simplified → traditional is always 100% accurate.

Yes its great, but I still doubt the translation for simplified → traditional is always 100% accurate.[/quote]
Where there is more than one possibility, Wenlin lists the options and lets you choose the correct one yourself.