Software writing subcontructing to other countries

Hi everybody!

I got in touch with one Eastern European company which got their focus on software writing for VoIP services mobile payments, graphic design and so on. They are comming to Taipei to look for some local companies willing to outsource some parts of programming to them.

Can you possibly suggest any names of the companies here or contacts, that might be looking for that kind of cooperation…
I know there are a lot of foreigners - freelance software writers working here, but this company can cope with bigger than individual projects, and they claim to be price competitive.

i have to organise some meetings for this firm once they come here early next week for Computex. 'll be gratefull for any suggestions of yours,

thanks

Lukas

[quote=“icanvanish”]Hi everybody!

I got in touch with one Eastern European company which got their focus on software writing for VoIP services mobile payments, graphic design and so on. They are comming to Taipei to look for some local companies willing to outsource some parts of programming to them.

Can you possibly suggest any names of the companies here or contacts, that might be looking for that kind of cooperation…
I know there are a lot of foreigners - freelance software writers working here, but this company can cope with bigger than individual projects, and they claim to be price competitive.

I have to organise some meetings for this firm once they come here early next week for Computex. 'll be gratefull for any suggestions of yours,

thanks

Lukas[/quote]

I looked into this before and I don’t think Taiwan can offer any particular competition with Eastern Europe for software development. Hardware development is a different matter entirely, but personally I would stick to European (or even Indian) software developers.

I think you’re reading it the wrong way around Llary – he’s looking for Taiwan-sourced work to farm out to a European company.

D’oh, my brain’s not switched on lately.

In which case, thumbs up from me, but who would pay for this in Taiwan given that Johnny Programmer in accounts did a java course in high school and is therefore perfectly capable of writing device drivers?