Solar Eclipse Tonight

Just before sundown. They say you should get up on a mountain, and not look at it directly. I like to look at the shadows [made by] the sun through the trees. We should have some first-rate eclipsing tonight.

Unless it’s a cloudy day…

It’s gonna be a bright, bright, sunshiny day.

Will this make ghost month creepier?

There’s going to be a kick ass lunar eclipse in a couple of weeks.

Gonna play merry hell with the Bat Signal, yeah?
Perfect night for that big bank job…

How can you have a solar eclipse at night?

He said it’s just BEFORE sundown. You know, just as it’s going down behind the mountains.

Oh wait…

[quote=“the chief”]Gonna play merry hell with the Bat Signal, yeah?
Perfect night for that big bank job…

[/quote]
We’ll be extra-vigilant. Did you see the bat signal in the new movie? Most realistic one ever.

Here’s a view you don’t often see of a solar eclipse:

I’ll be on hemeishan at sundown this evening. I’m going to look straight at it, so if you see lots of typos tomorrow, you’ll know I’ve turned all blind, like.

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]Here’s a view you don’t often see of a solar eclipse:
[/quote]
That’s a nice picture, but I can’t see it directly. I went to their website and they gave me a rude notice.

[quote]Ugly you!!! …for using Internet Explorer 6!!!
Did you know that testing web pages for your browser takes countless hours of annoyance and dispair?
Did you know that coding for browsers like yours limits dramatically rich web development?
That’s why I don’t do it here! Go and upgrade your browser now!!!.[/quote]
Mr. big shot science guy, go stuff it. My company makes me use Windows 2000 and it’s not compatible with the new IE browser. And they won’t let me load another one like firefox. So Mr. smartass can go suck on a test tube.

I just wonder how they got that picture.

It’s going to start about 6 and the sun is going to be real low. I don’t know a good place to watch it in Neihu. I think I’ll take off a little early and walk down to the highway. At least there won’t be any buildings in the way, but I’m worried about the flood retaining wall along the river.

WTF? I went up to Ergeshan which has a 355 degree view and is the highest point in the south of Taipei and while yes it was cloudy and I could not see the eclipse, it did not even get fricking dark. Did I miss something in grade 8 science class?

Oh, it was a partial eclipse. :laughing:

Okay, watch it get dark as I was approaching the top lookout. The cicadas starting going nuts and the wind picked up. I thought the eclipse was happening but when it did not get completely dark I dismissed it as passing cloud cover. Well, looks like I did experience another miracle of nature. :notworthy:

cloudy. :frowning:

Yeah, it was too cloudy. I sat and watched anyway. It was a nice sunset.

I didn’t see anything from my vantage point on Taipei Bridge (the one that goes to Sanchong). Too cloudy/hazy. Too many people burning ghost money, perhaps. The only thing of interest was that exactly 6.30pm I saw a fish jump out of the water several times.

[quote=“Dr. McCoy”]Mr. big shot science guy, go stuff it. My company makes me use Windows 2000 and it’s not compatible with the new IE browser. And they won’t let me load another one like firefox. So Mr. smartass can go suck on a test tube.[/quote]Make me :raspberry: Your company sucks then.

I’ll try another link:

The second picture was taken from Mir.