Solid breakfast buffet?

Sorry if this has been covered in Restaurants, Bars & Clubs already, but…are there any good breakfast buffet options in Taipei? You know, one of those buffets with all the usual western breakfast goodies…

I’m assuming one or more of the fancy hotels might, but I’ve been to a few of them for the lunch or dinner buffet (Hyatt, Regent, Sheraton, etc) and really haven’t seen any mention of sorts about breakfast buffets.

Jeez… I would kill for a decent breakfast joint mid-week.

i didn’t know you smoked, jaboney.

Smart ass!

The Far Eastern has a very decent breakfast buffet, or at least they did the last time I ate there around four years ago.

I always liked the buffet at the Riviera - 646 Linsen North Road. (Nearest MRTs: Minquan W Road, Yuanshan).
rivierataipei.com/FrameIndex.htm?Frame=2

Croissant and other breads, jams, cheeses, yoghurts, fruits, cereals, cold meats (inc smoked salmon I think), sausages, eggs with a guy keen to do it “your way”, bacon, potatos, juices, coffee, tea. Also some a few local dishes - congee etc.

Nice relaxed atmosphere. Free WiFi. Piped Mozart.

Just from memory… Winds up at about 10am.

[quote=“london-boy”]I always liked the buffet at the Riviera - 646 Linsen North Road. (Nearest MRTs: Minquan W Road, Yuanshan).

Croissant and other breads, jams, cheeses, yoghurts, fruits, cereals, cold meats (inc smoked salmon I think), sausages, eggs with a guy keen to do it “your way”, bacon, potatos, juices, coffee, tea. Also some a few local dishes - congee etc.
[/quote]
That sounds pretty good, except for the congee… :sick:
I’ll have to check it out in the near future.

There’s a big thread on [url=http://tw.forumosa.com/t/where-is-the-best-place-for-brunch/4553/1 Buffets.[/url]
Or is brunch too late?
Do you want to get up real early?

[quote=“Josefus”]There’s a big thread on [url=http://tw.forumosa.com/t/where-is-the-best-place-for-brunch/4553/1 Buffets.[/url]
Or is brunch too late?
Do you want to get up real early?[/quote]
I’m usually up early every day. Getting old… :grandpa:

I’ve had a variety of the lunch buffets that are out there. I was thinking specifically of breakfast menu items, buffet style.

Far Eastern breaky buffet is good, but pricey(for breakfast).Around NT$700.

That is pricey. Probably cat’s ass though, right?
Mmmmm…cat’s asssss… :homer:

Not sure about the cat’s ass, lots of other hot and cold meats,fruit,cereals,eggs galore etc.

Pancakes? Waffles?

Yes please.

A bit biased but you may want to try this one, every Sunday!

CAPONE’S Sunday Brunch Buffet 家庭週日吃到飽早午自助餐

家庭週日吃到飽早午自助餐
Sunday Brunch Buffet
10:30am-3:30pm

吃到飽自助餐

湯、沙拉吧、綜合麵包
開胃菜
精緻熱食
早餐現點 煎蛋、 炒蛋
煎蛋捲、 火腿、 培根
比薩
義大利麵
甜點、水果
熱咖啡、熱茶

以及主菜任選一種
1﹒碳烤羊排
2﹒碳烤肋眼牛排
3﹒碳烤牛肋排
4﹒碳烤豬肋排
5﹒香烤迷迭香半雞
6﹒香酥炸魚什錦
7﹒香煎比目魚
8﹒香煎鮭魚

Sunday Brunch Buffet
Starters
Assorted Salads
Cold cuts and Cheese
Boiled Shrimps
Breakfast
Eggs Benedict
Scrambled and Fried Eggs
Bacon and Ham
Omelets and Waffles
Lunch Selections
Soup, Pizza, Pasta
Green Vegetable
Dessert and Fruit
Hot Coffee and Tea
&
Choice of one main course

1. Grilled Lamb Chop
  2. Grilled Rib-Eye Steak
  3. Grilled Beef Ribs
  4. Grilled Pork Ribs
  5. Roast Rosemary Chicken
  6. Fried Fish Platter
  7. Pan Fried Halibut
  8. Pan Fried Salmon

大人 Adult: NT$ 499+10%
小孩 Kid: NT$ 350+10%

台北市忠孝東路四段312號一樓 NO.312, Chunghsiao E.Road,Sec.4
訂位專線:02-2773-3782

[quote=“Taverncaptain”]A bit biased but you may want to try this one!

CAPONE’S Sunday Brunch Buffet 家庭週日吃到飽早午自助餐

從 5/11 起每星期日卡邦推出
家庭週日吃到飽早午自助餐
Sunday Brunch Buffet
10:30am-3:30pm
[/quote]
I definitely will. Sounds great!

[quote=“Mer”][quote=“london-boy”]I always liked the buffet at the Riviera - 646 Linsen North Road. (Nearest MRTs: Minquan W Road, Yuanshan).

[/quote]
That sounds pretty good, except for the congee… :sick:
I’ll have to check it out in the near future.[/quote]

Yep… but don’t worry, definitely western oriented. The cost to non-guests (or guests who booked without breakfast) is, I think, NT$450 + 10%.

[quote=“Mer”]Sorry if this has been covered in Restaurants, Bars & Clubs already, but…are there any good breakfast buffet options in Taipei? You know, one of those buffets with all the usual western breakfast goodies…

I’m assuming one or more of the fancy hotels might, but I’ve been to a few of them for the lunch or dinner buffet (Hyatt, Regent, Sheraton, etc) and really haven’t seen any mention of sorts about breakfast buffets.[/quote]

Capones does one for Sundays…

Take the number 2 exit at the Sun Yat Sun Memorial MRT line and you are right at Capones front door :smiley:

Pancakes? Waffles?[/quote]

Yes At Capones

I had been eating my crappy breakfast of bacon egg roll near my home for months and finally noticed that the guy had a lot of other stuff that would make a great omelette. I tried to point out how to make one. He handed me the spatual and gave me his grill. I showed him how to make a decent bacon 3 egg omelette with tomato, green pepper, white onion and green onion. I cooked up the first one on that day and had a couple pieces of toast and took in my own OJ. Thereafter, no problem. I don’t much care for the potatoe patties but he always includes a couple of those with some in-season fruit.

It’s not the breakfast buffet that you are inquiring about but it is possible to get a decent sit down breakfast near your home without a lot of effort.